Copper Bowl?

rawwr

I was thinking of making a homemade hookah and i got everything but now I have a problem:
I wanted to make a bowl out of copper pipe fittings (like this one http://www.pexsupply.com/img/categoryImage...20Coupling.jpg)
but I don't know if this is safe, I am only using copper as a bowl so no copper is touching the water.
Will this be safe or should I be louking for something else?

Not sure where you're getting your ideas? Copper is fine to have touching the water, though it'll oxidize pretty quickly, not a big issue. I wouldn't use it as a bowl because it would oxidize very quickly, and in that case the oxidation would probably end up screwing with your smoke. Safety-wise there's honestly not a whole lot to worry about, as the temperatures reached shouldn't be anywhere near the level that would start sending off fumes from either copper or aluminum.

Really though, it would actually be cheaper just to get a clay bowl... and it'd work better/last longer. If you get a discounted clay bowl (several vendors have them for $1-2) it'd be way cheaper to go with a standard bowl.