Suggestion: Adjustable Wind Cover

MeHT

It's common knowledge that putting a window cover decreases heat dissipation around the bowl, allowing for a hotter flow directed through the sheesha. This can be used both to heat it up quickly at the start of the session or to use less coal that would still generate the required amount of heat. The problem with the cover is that you can't really adjust it - when it's there, it's there.

What if one would build a cover with adjustable inlets? I've tried making some designs, but are just too complicated for a windcover mod (i.e. not worth it). I was thinking mainly along the lines of "circular blinds" if you know what I mean. Imagine vertical blinds that form a cyllinder. When closed, they'd form a typical wind cover, when open they would disperse heat between each other.

Any ideas or suggestions?

What good would the top of spice shakers do? The main reason for windcovers increasing temperature is that the area around the coal is enclosed. Same goes for the butterfly valve.

If you take 2 metal cylinders that fit in each other tightly (like 2 coke cans with no tops) and cut vertical panels out of them, you get an adjustable wind cover. (one inside the other) You just twist it to the size openings you want. Edited by Cerritus