Own a business?

nuschultz

I was curious to know if any fellow smokers own a business.  I am in the early stages of starting a business that helps people prepare themselves and help others prepare for disaster situations where there may be extended utility outages / tainted water supplies, etc.
So, what do you guys do?

I am a chemical engineer with degrees in chem eng, chemistry, math, econ and accounting. I am sort of a bum, smoke hookah alot and have something to do with a company called Tangiers. Make tobacco, taste new flavors, bellow at employees, that sort of thing.

Sounds like you keep busy.  Im going to college full time for Criminal Justice.  Im considering going to another school after im done here for my RN.  On my off time, I volunteer as a firefighter/emt at the local fire house.  Plus I work 2 jobs, one as an RA and one as a Security Guard.  Plus the company.

• 2 weeks later...
I brew beer... not a bad way of life.  Although I dont know if I want to make it my life.  I have been doodling up ideas for my own brewery for about 4 years now.  But now I think im having a change in heart.  I might try to polish up on my languages and shoot for freelance Translator/Interpreter.  Other than that... its hookah, food, sleep, drink, and an ocassional friend or two on the weekends. 

Back on the original topic...I don't maintain emergency provisions any more than keeping water around...without electricity (which would be the reason there was no potable water), I can't operate anyhow. I have a case of about 500 candles and several flashlights. The electricity hasn't gone out around here in...years.

It is always better to be prepared than get caught with your pants down.

Speaking of which, got any TP stockpiled?  That is one of the most common items overlooked.

Tang, PM me if you are interested in reading through a short guide I have written on the subject.  Also, I have a really well done guide by FEMA I can send you.

I run my own business. I am an Interior Design Engineer.
Its a service oriented profession, I install window treatments (Blinds, draperies and shutters). I also also take care of any labor associated with interior design like wall hangings, assembly and modifying pieces to accomodate certain needs.... or completely designing something to make "whatever" work. Some things arent designed to do what we want to use them for..... so I invent and build up what is needed in those cases.
On any given day, I am entrusted to handle, install or modify between 10k and 50k ($) worth of merchandise. The trick is to "just not think about it and do it."
This is my tool of the trade...... no one should be without one.
[img]http://www.dewalt.com/ProductImages/PC_Graphics/Photos/DEWALT/ACCESSORIES/LARGE/5/D5120_A9.jpg[/img]
On the side, I do a bit of gunsmithing.... and If I can my shop pulled together again... I will be carving pipes once more.

Yeah, mine too! Everybody should have a hand. I have two hands, I find them more useful in pairs. Do you get along OK with only one hand? I wonder how those aliens in "War of The Worlds" (2005) got along? Its amazing we have something in common between our two occupations!

• 4 weeks later...