Sneaking a Smoke

nuschultz

My university has a policy against hookahs.  So now I have to sneak around to get a smoke in.  Cover the fire alarm, open the window, etc.  Ridiculous.
At any rate, does anyone elses school have a policy like this?  It specifically mentions hookahs in our policy.

I had the same problem my fresh/soph year of college, but I smoked anyways.

Read through this thread, as poeple including myself have given tips on smoking in your dorm room.

[url="http://hookahforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1500&KW=dorm+room"] http://hookahforum.com/forum/forum_posts.a...asp?TID=1500&KW[/url] =dorm+room

I believe the person tang is talking about is me. Honestly man fight
for what you believe in. Do lots of research about the history etc...
Give a really good presentation. Explain that you do not intend to do
anything illegal with your hookah. You will follow all smoking laws.
Dont give up and of course all schools are different but my dean gave
in after 4 months of badgering from yours truly 

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='xgracegalex']I'm going to CC. I hope they don't have a no hookah policy! [/quote]

Most college campuses will have some form of anti smoking. Whether it
be for drug paraphanlia, or fire hazards. But you never know, there
might be some pretty laid-back schoolds out there.

But look at it from the schools point of view. What do they say to all
the parents whos childrens room were burned down because they let one
student smoke a hookah inside? Those smoke detectors are there for a
reason. And its only going to get worse as hookahs become more and more
popular.

Just be careful. Some schools will kick you to the curb if caught. Make sure you know the policies before you smoke :)

This is utter crap. There is no evidence that second hand smoke from cigarettes is dangerous (no credible evidence anyways) there is in all likelyhood a good possibility that smoking hookah is bad for you, but second hand smoke dangers are still highly dubious. Just because our smoke annoys people doesn't mean there should be a law against it. To have communities banning people from having businesses that allow smoking is...indescribably frustrating. We should organize 60s style protests...

[quote name='Tangiers']This is utter crap. There is no evidence that second
hand smoke from cigarettes is dangerous (no credible evidence anyways)
there is in all likelyhood a good possibility that smoking hookah is
bad for you, but second hand smoke dangers are still highly dubious.
Just because our smoke annoys people doesn't mean there should be a law
against it. To have communities banning people from having businesses
that allow smoking is...indescribably frustrating. We should organize
60s style protests...[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. But there will always be those
millions of people who will fight any form of smoking to the end.. Its
unfortunate really :(

[quote name='Yashman19'][quote name='xgracegalex']
I'm going to CC. I hope they don't have a no hookah policy! [/quote]Most college campuses will have some form of anti smoking. Whether it be for drug paraphanlia, or fire hazards. But you never know, there might be some pretty laid-back schoolds out there.But look at it from the schools point of view. What do they say to all the parents whos childrens room were burned down because they let one student smoke a hookah inside? Those smoke detectors are there for a reason. And its only going to get worse as hookahs become more and more popular.Just be careful. Some schools will kick you to the curb if caught. Make sure you know the policies before you smoke :)[/quote]

Yeah, I deffintly can't get caught if I do and probally won't risk it. I am going on a full ride for hockey so I don't want to blow anything.

Alex: Understandable...Yash...this tide is just the first step. If we don't move soon, excise taxes will rise up to Candian levels...they are getting higher, right now. States are using the logic "we need to raise more tax money", which according to basic economics is probably the wrong thing to do. The real sinister reason behind raising taxes is what Rob Reiner brought out when he got California to pass Prop. 10...if we make it more expensive, more people will stop or at least they'll be more broke. Sound logic...but I don;t believe its in the auspices of the government to advocate or support moral judgements.

Damn! That last guy sounds like a tobacco manufacturer...Crap!Sorry...that's how I feel...whether I was in the business or not...I also don't support the ADA, sexual harassment laws and helmet laws.