Homemade Hookah Upgrade Plus Diy Hoses

agentscot

I have upgraded my homemade hookah to look better than ever. I added a ashtray and two badass hoses.

[attachment=2103:DSCN0573.JPG]

I got the ashtray from my local middle eastern grocery store then went to lowes and found a threaded galvanized steel nipple that fit the ashtray perfectly. I then fitted the nipple to the stem by wrapping duct tape around it until it was thick enough that the nipple slid on snugly. Now I can just screw the tray on and off easily.

[attachment=2106:DSCN0574.JPG]

The hoses are made out of 5 foot lengths of vinyl tubing and 10 inch lenths of cpvc piping. I connected them with some of the plastic fittings you get in the vinyl tubing section in lowes and used the brass connectors as mouthpieces. I then wrapped the hose with black electric tape and the handle with red electric tape to give them a more professional appearance.

[attachment=2105:DSCN0578.JPG]
[attachment=2104:DSCN0577.JPG]

it will probably look even better once H-S restocks their phunnels so that I can order one (I've built up enough rewards points that i can get one for free, otherwise id just get one at mnh).

I should have smoking pics up this weekend. I'm probably gonna get some friends over for a session.

very cool. not horrible like you made it in five minutes. it actually looks like you took some time into piecing it together and not just throwing one together with what you had laying around. A+, hopefully it smokes well.

well done!

how does it smoke?

I always wonder the percentage of sales the hookah forum contributes to the entire sales of Home Depot?

QUOTE (Stuie @ Sep 3 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done!

how does it smoke?

I always wonder the percentage of sales the hookah forum contributes to the entire sales of Home Depot?

Well, the beauty of it is that all the parts together cost less than 30 dollars. So I'm not spending a fortune at lowes.

Oh, and it smokes beautifully. I thought i had mentioned that in the first post, i guess not. My roommate and i smoked Nakhla sweet melon out of it for over an hour the other day and it was incredible. it never got harsh and we were getting wonderfully thick clouds. I couldn't be happier with it.

• 10 months later...