Science Hookah!

Ayrity

hey everyone, so I love science and love making nice clean glass based hookahs, but as you all know im sure, glass is a bitch to drill and seal, especially with the hose. I really dont like just drilling into the rubber stopper to put a hose in next to the stem, so I found a way to combine all my wants in a homemade hookah base. its a lab glassware flask with a hose attachment on the side (picture). and it comes with a rubber stopper for the top that i can drill a stem into. what do you guys think?

QUOTE (Ayrity @ Jul 28 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey everyone, so I love science and love making nice clean glass based hookahs, but as you all know im sure, glass is a bitch to drill and seal, especially with the hose. I really dont like just drilling into the rubber stopper to put a hose in next to the stem, so I found a way to combine all my wants in a homemade hookah base. its a lab glassware flask with a hose attachment on the side (picture). and it comes with a rubber stopper for the top that i can drill a stem into. what do you guys think?

well i guess it really depends on the caust for that flask..but other than that it seems like a pretty dank idea

that would make a pretty sick hookah base... lemme know how it turns out

its actually 10mm in diameter which means it will take 3/8 inch hose which is just about right no? or maybe i could drill it out to be bigger, its way easier to enlarge a hole then to start one in glass... Edited by Ayrity

btw, 10mm is a centimeter wink.gif that will likely be restricting on the pull. for the tubing, you'll probably need at least 1/2' probably even 3/4' to fit over the barbed fitting. You should see if someone who has a KM for example could tell you how larger their ports are.

I've thought about building one of those actually, since I'm currently sitting in my lab and they are on the shelf behind me, but I figured I just wouldn't get the pull from one. Let me know if it does worth though, It'd make one too tongue.gif