Byblos Lounge

fineout

Wasnt sure where to put this so i guess move it if this is the wrong spot.

One of my good friends came home from egypt the other day and was talking about how she was at a lot of hookah lounges over there and what not, and when she got home i told her i wanted to go out to the one in providence, ive been there before and it was ok, but today i had a bad experience.
First we go in and get the menus and i looked to see that the price for a hookah went up from 12 dollars last time i went, about a year ago to 18motherf**king dollars! thats rediculous. But i was in the mood for hookah and had already driven the 20 miles to get to this place so i sucked it up. they only let 2 people per hookah and thats very strict as well so our group of 4 had to get 2. So we ordered a peach and a grape. when we get the hookahs i let them sit for alittle to let the coals heat up since they werent all the way lit. then we started taking hits and my friend was like, this hookah doesnt taste like grape at all. so i tried it, they gave me fucking chocomint. ok fine no big deal so i get one of the guys walking around and im like hey i know its busy and something probably got mixed up but you guys gave us chocomint and not grape. hes like ok 1 second ill go get you a new one. this guy was really nice and trying to help me out cuz he knew i knew what i was talking about. he comes back and the owner is following him and the owner says "Yea, i can smell grape coming out of this, someone must have smoked chocomint out of it earlier, keep smoking and the grape will come through, or you can just get a upgraded hookah and shisha it will taste much better" ('premium' is something that they dont even know the name of, they said fahkla, and its a nicer mya. its 30 dollars!!) and im like no way dude this is hitting very thick and i can clearly taste no grape but he walks away. very ignorant if i say so myself. anyway bad experience dont go there if youre in providence the guy is very bad with customers.

• 5 months later...
Hm, I've smoked there quite a few times and never had any problems with them at all. The price did go up which sucks, but my order has always been correct and smoked like a dream. Never given a reason to say anything bad about the place. Plus its nice sometimes when there is a group of young lebanese guys in there, they play those hand drums sometimes (don't know the name)

• 3 months later...
Hey-
I've had mixed experiences with Byblos. The guy you're talking about is Danny Mahklouf, he's super nice and his brother owns the newly opened Nara Hookah Bar and Cafe on Federal Hill. The thing with Byblos is that since they've obtained a liquor license, they've become increasingly busy and some of their hookah skills have fallen behind. If you're looking for a good place in RI (I'm a born and bred native) try Sedra Cafe. It's on the URI campus. I go there every night-I've become close friends with the people who own it. The service is always good, I've never had a problem (nor has anyone else) with the hookahs, and they're pretty relaxed in general. The location, although southern, isn't bad either...you get off of Rt. 1 onto Rt. 138 and it's right off of it. Check it out smile.gif

SEDRA A++ the guy that owns the place is really cool the hookahs are great and prices are reasonable, i dont go as much as i used to because i have my own but i used to go all the time.

Nara is rediculous..30$ for nahkla!? rediculous.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Nice place when I lived in Rhode Island I went there many times. So often that I knew the owner by name, and he would give me a free smoke on from time to time. I also really liked the Lebanese food you could order from downstairs. The atmosphere was great, the only downside was; it was very crowded on weekends and the wait was very long sometimes, and the prices were pretty high.