What's Your Poison?

MeHT

Piraat is a "living beer", right? Good choice, those are the best! I have a local no-name microbrewery here that makes them, not as good as belgian or german counterparts though.

Mojito, Hemingways' favorite drink? Respect it for that, at least! tongue.gif

A "living beer" is any unpasturized unfiltered bottle-conditioned beer. That meaning it is carbonated in the bottle by either krausening (adding young beer) or by adding a sugar solution that gets converted to CO2 by the yeast in the beer. It doesn't necessarily have to be bottle-conditioned to have live yeast in it, but it absolutely has to be unfiltered and unpasteurized.

I stopped drinking in Sept. because the liter of liquor a night habit was expensive and spiralling in a direction I didn't like. I decided to stop before it became a problem. Haven't had a drink since. That being said...

Beer- I'm allegic to hops, which means beer and hops containing malt liquors make me VIOLENTLY ill. Even a bit of beer left in the bottom of a beer bong glass is enough to make me feel bad.

Wine - I live in the biggest wine producing region of the east. I used to enjoy a nice Cabernet, Noir (mixed dry red), Tramminette, dry blush, and of course the ever awesome genetically created Noiret. The oriental wines are also awesome (sake, plum, rice, etc).

Ciders - Often my drink of choice. Woodchuck, Woodpecker, Hornsby's, Strongbow...they are all good.

Liquor - Vodka, Rum/Spiced Rum, Tequila, Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon, and some liquors are all good. I very much dislike gins, So-Co, ice 101, and a lot of that specialty fruity liquor crap.

Mixed Drinks - Used to live off of Captain & Cokes as well as Vodka & Cranberrys. You think vodka & cranberry is a sissy drink? You'll change your mind after I make you a few.... blink.gif

Right now though, I'm having a watered down pink grapefruit juice. It's delicious and high in Vitamin C.

QUOTE (vaypourus @ Jun 11 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped drinking in Sept. because the liter of liquor a night habit was expensive and spiralling in a direction I didn't like. I decided to stop before it became a problem. Haven't had a drink since. That being said...

Beer- I'm allegic to hops, which means beer and hops containing malt liquors make me VIOLENTLY ill. Even a bit of beer left in the bottom of a beer bong glass is enough to make me feel bad.

Wine - I live in the biggest wine producing region of the east. I used to enjoy a nice Cabernet, Noir (mixed dry red), Tramminette, dry blush, and of course the ever awesome genetically created Noiret. The oriental wines are also awesome (sake, plum, rice, etc).

Ciders - Often my drink of choice. Woodchuck, Woodpecker, Hornsby's, Strongbow...they are all good.

Liquor - Vodka, Rum/Spiced Rum, Tequila, Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon, and some liquors are all good. I very much dislike gins, So-Co, ice 101, and a lot of that specialty fruity liquor crap.

Mixed Drinks - Used to live off of Captain & Cokes as well as Vodka & Cranberrys. You think vodka & cranberry is a sissy drink? You'll change your mind after I make you a few.... blink.gif

Right now though, I'm having a watered down pink grapefruit juice. It's delicious and high in Vitamin C.

Oh man, Vayporous I feel so bad for you man. I couldn't live without beer. Well I suppose if I never tasted it before I'd be ok but still... I'd go with cider as my poison of choice if I couldn't drink beer, problem is I haven't found a good one and I've tried all of the aforementioned ciders and then some. We used to make hard cider back home that probably didn't have as much alcohol but it's what I expcect cider to taste like and the difference between our homemade stuff growing up and the stuff that often passes for cider is apples and oranges. I need to just get a cider press I think.

I've tasted beer...and in fact in college, I drank a lot of beer. My allergy progressed quickly though...within 5 days of my first beer a single sip would make me vomit and get a sore throat within 5 minutes. What I do know is that Busch is really bad, Labatt is tolerable, Heineken is alright, and Sam Adams is pretty damn good. Corona tastes like piss, but hear it always does without a lime in it. Funny that the beer I liked the most is also the beer with the most hops.

I tried making some hard cider once...after it turned it went sour and we couldn't drink it at all. I blew like $40 in press pressed cider too.

Ill drink anything thats free...

But if Im buying for myself, beer: I LOVE Sam Adams, locally brewed Oberon, Corona if it has a lime, Strongbow. I dont like strong beer like Guinness and the like.

Wine: I have to admit, I like boxed wine! I dont like dry wines, but Ill drink pretty much any kind.

Liquor: Vodka, rum, tequila. Ive had a bad experience with whiskey that I would not like to repeat ever again!

Mixed: Red Headed Slut, Sex on the Beach, Cosmo, Vanilla Coke, Jolly Ranchers, Martinis, Mojito, and whatevers in the fridge with any of the above.

meh, I ain't sophisticated, anything that gets me drunk works well.
polish beer, korean bek so ju, polish vodka, spanish wine, italian liquors, rum from t&t, irish cream, amaretto with espresso... my drinks of choice.

Gin and tonic made with tangureay rangpur, Jager, Goldschlager, and any top shelf tequila except cabo wabo that shit is nasty. I'm not a big beer drinker I usually drink that inbetween shots or during drinking games.