Mya Saray Mini

I got the Mini Mya for free from Hookah-Shisha.com when I bought the Obelisk.

This little hookah smokes like a champ. This stem is absolutely solid. You could use it as a weapon. Loaded up some Honeysuckle and went to town on this bad boy. Perfect smoke from the get go. Added a small difuser laster and filled the room with smoke.

Pluses:
Smokes Perfect Everytime. Easy and Quick to Clean. Solid Construction. Purges quick and great everytime.

Minuses:
The Ash Tray is a little to small. My Coco Naras almost hit the grommet when on the ash tray. Glad I didn't use my Golden Quicklights. Since it was a Clearance Hookah it appears the glue that binds the two peices of acryllic had a reaction and made a white discoloration.

Even with the discoloration, I give this pipe a 9/10. The coal tray needs to be just a touch bigger. I know it's a small hookah, but I would hate to have to buy a ton of bowl grommets. This definetely seems like an overlooked hookah.

I just got free Mya yesterday along with my Ebony Tower(reviewing that next), and smoked it last night with a group of friends. I absolutely agree on the solidity of the piece. Anything metal on this little guy is heavy. The vase leaves something to be desired, but I doubt I would be pleased with any acrylic parts.

Mine came with a bad seal at the vase, and though they included an extra one, it was the wrong size. I fixed that with some celophane for the time being, as I had no paraffin sheets on me. I'll order a replacement with my next shisha shipment.

So, how does it smoke? Pretty well! I paid the extra $5 for the double hose, and they just sent two mod converters, so I can set it up as a single or double as I desire. (it also means I can set up my Ebony as a double should I choose to do so) And even with two hoses it produced plenty of smoke, and the makeshift seal held all night. Most importantly the autoplugs on the hoses worked flawlessly. Came with the discount tongs... but who cares, they are functional.

All in all, you cant beat the price... and if you are getting your first hookah, I highly suggest following what Stuie and I both did: Buy a large hookah for chillin at your pad, and pick up some shisha and accesories, then grab the free Mya for travelling. Breaking down a 34" hookah for travel is not fun, but the Mya is so sturdy you can just toss it in a backpack and head out on the road.

I'll give it 4/5.

Tip: Buy a cheap small glass vase to make up the $200 and you'll have a 5/5 mini to go with your full size.

• 2 months later...
+1 to the above. The mini mya is a great little hookah for the price. I got mine as a freebee when I bought my Mya Gyro. Mine showed the exact same discoloration at the weld (glue) joints as Stuie's, except I chose the green base. No leaks, no other flaws. I just had an amazing session with mine that lasted WAY over an hour using coconara coals and AF watermelon and mint mixed at around 13 grams watermelon to 4 grams mint. The draws were thick and tastey. It's also easy to clean and packs away into the tiny space of the storage box it comes with. I set it up as a single, although I went ahead and got the 2nd hose addition for only $5. This little guy will make an excellent small, portable hookah that smokes larger than it is, and the acrylic base will make it more durable for "on the go". I think the stem could double as a billy club if you wander into the wrong part of town, too. Very sturdy.

i bought a mini mya just like yours when i thought i lost my pumpkin in a car accident. i paid 35 dollars for mine at the local cigar store. i also brought it with me when i went to germany for 7 weeks this summer. and let me tell you this bad boy can rip. i mean it isnt a KM or a big MYA but it smokes like a fiend for how small it is. i have the silver top with a green acrylic base. i mean acrylic isnt the greatest stuff in the world but its the durability of it that drew me to it. i have smoked way to many sessions to remember what all ive smoked out of it. but my favorite that i can remember was AF apple in an apple bowl it was amazing. all in all i gave this hookah a 4.5 out of five. the only thing i would like more is a bigger ash tray and a normal mya bowl

• 1 month later...
got one for free with a purchse on h-s, and gave it to a friend of mine. We took it with us on vacation to Morocco, where we smoked at least 5 hours a day with 4 people. It's a fantastic pipe, very easy to take with you, and it hits great. This small wonder convinced my two other friends to buy a hookah as well, I did my part by convincing them to buy a KM or a MZ tongue.gif

• 1 month later...
So I got one from ebay for $25

Looks 9/10
It looks great but I really do prefer a traditional look and there was a small nick on it.

Materials 10/10
The stem is made from cast brass. It is rough on the inside but I am sure it is indestructible, and it has some weight The base is made with acrylic so it will take effort to break it.

Bowl: 8/10
Standard MYA Bowl, Its nice had a little nick on it but well in the end its no phunnel

Tongs N/A
There were none

Hose: 7/10
It is pretty unrestricted but I have had better.

Pull: 7.5/10
The pull is really nice but my KM easily owns it.

Overall" 8.5/10
It is a solid pipe. It is easily portable which is the main reason for purchase. It came in a little box with a handle. And for $25 there is no way you could go wrong with this pipe. I mean for the love of Christ it is SOLID BRASS. For all you newbies that have no more than $30 to spend invest in this and a phunnel and you will be set the pull is great and you can generate clouds with it. My only real gripe with it is that it can not purge to save its life.........but lets see what the Chem Engineer in me has to say about that! Edited by indian_villager

• 4 months later...
I got one of these free from H-S (I bought way too much shisha)

When I ordered it I had no idea it was a plastic base. Once I got it I fell in love with the idea. The metal part of the pipe is very solid and very heavy. You could do some real damage with it. Because the base is made out of plastic, it is very light, the metal adds enough weight to make it sturdy.

Advantages
  • The base is made out of plastic - I can't break it
  • The metal is very sturdy. I could probably throw it out my window and not do any damage to the pipe.
  • I really like the size, my other hookah is a 3 hose Egyptian, and this one is nice and portable. The picture is taken in my room. The Nile is too large to be in my room.
Disadvantages
  • The seal on the base can he hard to fit in. It takes some wiggling.
  • The stem doesen't screw on straight, probably just a problem with mine.
  • The auto seal, doesen't always seal. I need to switch it with a plastic bb.
Overall I'd give it a 4/5.
I really love the size, thats why I'm giving such a high rating. I'm also biased by the fact I got it for free. I love the fact that the base is plastic. Its my "I wanna smoke for 45min" hookah.

• 3 weeks later...
When I wrote my previous review I had completely forgotten that I had ordered the adapter to make it a two hose hookah. When I received it, I removed the purge valve, and couldn't figure out how it worked. I assumed H-S screwed up and the hookah couldn't actually use two hoses. The purge valve unscrewed and left male screws on the hookah, the hose valve also had male threads so it wouldn't work. I didn't want to try taking it apart any further because I don't want to break my brand new hookah.
Today I looked at it and decided that I would try it again. I took the purge valve off and lightly turned the the remaining thread with my gerber mulitool. It easily unscrewed.
I also figured out that my Nammor hoses fit. I haven't tried it yet though, I'm not sure how well it will work with the larger hose diameter. I also interested to try it with two people smoking.

_sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif Hookah.gif

• 3 months later...
It's the best hookah you can get for the money or no money. It's built to last and when people post their KM owns it I would hope so this is an 18" free hookah. But this little hookah smokes like a much bigger one for sure.

Mini MYA Saray

Hookah-Shisha order

Stability - 10/10: It doesn't go anywhere. I almost want to say it sits as well as a Bambino or QT but they are of different material so I'll leave that alone. Although this thing sure as hell doesn't go ANYWHERE!

Build Quality - 3/10: It's not a looker...thats for sure. Although some have had leaking issues with theirs. Mine has no problems but deff looks cheap. The construction is hardy and can take a good beating! It just isn't as pretty with the noticeable seams and colored sealant. It also has a small leak from the hose connector. I had to use some Teflon tape to stop it.
Then there was the missing ash tray holder. The flat piece that usually goes under the ash tray that this one doesn't come with. It sure as hell needs one since the ash tray just kind of balances there. You better tighten the bowl since it's what holds it in place.

Smoke Session - 10/10: SMOKES LIKE A CHAMP! No complaints here. After I had the water level down (which is a bit different then other hookahs I've tried) it was golden! Big clouds, easy pulls!

Cleaning - 7/10: I found this part to be really annoying. Although each part comes apart easily like most hookahs, the base holds on to smells like no other! It took a good soad with lemon juice to get rid of the scent of my orange soda before I could toss in some mint without having them clash. And after all was said and done and I went to clean the base after mint, there was still a strong Orange Soda. Which I love but damn...It doesn't want to let go of it. Not as easy as a glass base anyways.

Modability - 7/10: Although like any other hookah. Switching bowls is a piece of cake But this guy has a different kind of bowl connector. So the phunnel had an interesting fit. Then there is the different style of base-to-stem. Opposite of most hookahs. Not a big deal but can change things later on. The leak in the connector lead me to buy another, but then I noticed that it is a problem with the stem, not the connector. So my new connector that uses a wider flare sits even worse then the last.

Travel - 8/10: It travels just fine. You DEFF don't have to worry about it rattling around in your trunk or back seat. You could toss this guy out of a moving car window and it would be fine. But it doesn't come with a carrying case so don't expect to have something nifty right off the bat to carry it in unless you feel like breaking it down and putting it back into the box it was shipped in.

Price - 6/10: Although you can get this guy for free if you spend over $100 at H-S (which I did).
For the price it sells for regularly I wouldn't pay it. You can get MUCH better for that price. Although for free it would be just fine=)
I would suggest if you wanted this guy to buy $100 worth of shisha or items at H-S and get this for free. Then if you don't like it you can just pick up a hookah you do like and still have the $100 worth of goodies.

Overall - 6.5/10: A good hookah for free. Not a very good pick if you paid for it. And has a few flaws that can have some make-or-break kind of outcomes.