Replacing Hookah Parts

tune4jack

Hey guys...first post here! Glad to be a part of this forum smile.gif

Anyway, a question about replacing a part of the hookah. I'm definitely a hookah newbie and I don't know any technical names, but I'll describe this the best way I can (and I don't have pics at the moment).

Basically, I was cleaning the hookah and I took off the hose from the gasket (i think?). There was one washer or grommet type sealant that goes in between there. I somehow lost that and now I'm looking for an alternative for it...does anyone have any suggestions?

It was actually pretty crappy to begin with so I'm glad to finally be forced to replace it. I went to the hardware store earlier today but they had nothing that was in that shape. What does everyone else do in place of it so that it actually looks decent? Let me know! Thanks guys!

This probably should've gone in the general section, but I'll answer it anyway.

The cheapest and easiest replacement is obviously using tape to bulk up the end that plugs into the hose adapter. Cutting off a segment from a funnel will work too.

If your hardware store doesn't have anything comperable, try an auto parts store or an arts and crafts store.