New Homemade Apple Juice Hookah > $10

Ninjalex

I recently made my own hookah and it was alright, but the pull sucked and it was very unstable. I made this new one out of an apple juice bottle and it works amazing now. This smokes just as good as some of the hookahs I've had at the local lounges.

Picture is with AF double apple in the head, juice, popsicle, ice, and apple in the base. biggrin.gif

While I doubt this is anywhere near a permanent solution, just keep in mind, the plastic will deteriorate over time and you'll start to inhale the remnants.

The chamber looks nicely full -- you should try a milk jug next wink.gif .

Haha, thanks guys. The tray was made out of the box that our weak noob mistake purchased pumpkin came out of. We actually made this because our impulse bought pumpkin was a miserable joke. The tray actually works and I have had people bump full coals on it and surprisingly the cardboard didn't burn through ph34r.gif

The stem is made out of some decently thick plastic and the top is wrapped in electrical tape. It hasn't melted from the heat of the bowl yet, only warped a tiny tiny bit after about 15 sessions. I put more tape and it should help. If it does melt then I have a lot more of that plastic left over.

Clean up takes roughly 1 minute with two people helping, which is a huge plus. Edited by Ninjalex

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 27 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Close up of how you connected the hose please?

I'll take another picture tonight when we get it going again. I cut a small hole in the bottle towards the top and used a plastic hose connector thing I found at home depot for about 50 cents. I wrapped it in electrical tape and jammed it in there permanently and sealed it off. I just have to connect the hose to the other end of the plastic connector thing.

I hope that kinda explained it. I'll get a few more pictures up tonight. We are trying AF double apple with apples, oranges, and a banana in the base. Wish me luck LOL

• 1 month later...
Since my last post I have made a more reliable tray, made a coke can wind cover, and also made a 20 oz portable hookah that makes clouds as big as the large hookahs as the local bar. This should be perfect for camping.

I made the wind cover on the portable hookah so that you could turn it upside down and the coals still wont spill. I cut a can in half and the top and bottom can be pressed together to make a nice tight seal. This also helps save some coals.