North Smoke Colossus

helios187

[attachment=1273:The_Colossus1.jpg] General: This hookah looks pretty sweet from the picture. Sadly the reality is far less satisfying. The craftsmanship on this hookah is sub par at best. It is equivolent to some cheap egyption hookah, which is probably what it is just with a clever name and description. I am embarrassed to say that I was duped by a product description which was to good to be true.

Stem: The stem is probably the most disapointing aspect of this hookah, especially after looking at the rather decieving pictures posted on the website. Contrary to the gleaming solid looking stem above, this stem feels like it was made from recycled tin cans. And that cool looking blue segment which from the picture, looks like a nice segment of anodized metal, is in fact a sh*tty piec of plastic that is molded into the stem by crimping the tin around it at the ends. The Welds at the bases of the hose pipes were not complete, and I had to repair them JB weld. Although the stem is at leas in functioning condition now, the craftsmanship is some of the worst I've ever seen. The only good thing I can say about the stem is that it goes nice and deep into the vase.

Base: You would think that it would be hard to mess up a stupid piece of glass, but this hookah managed to let me down yet again. The base in the picture leads one to believe that the blue stripes running around the base are simply blue glass that was layered in with the clear glass to form stripes, right? And even from a manufacturing standpoint, this shouldn't be a difficult, or expensive item to produce. In actuallity, this Base is solid blue glass, with crappy ass silver decals going around it to form the stripes. Again, Sub par, and a needless compromise which I don't believe really saved any money in manufacturing.

Seal: Stem/Base seal is fine. As I said before however, This hookah was not air tight due to incomplete welds.

Smokability: After repairs, it manages a decent smoke. The cheapness of it takes away from the atmosphere.

Overall: Friends, save yourselves from the cunning allure of North Smoke hookahs. This hookah would have been worth it if it was 30% percent less expensive. For that price, the flaws would have been at least understandable in a way. Some of the sorriest craftsmanship I've ever encountered. 5/10

• 1 year later...
QUOTE (helios187 @ Mar 25 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=1273:The_Colossus1.jpg] General: This hookah looks pretty sweet from the picture. Sadly the reality is far less satisfying. The craftsmanship on this hookah is sub par at best. It is equivolent to some cheap egyption hookah, which is probably what it is just with a clever name and description. I am embarrassed to say that I was duped by a product description which was to good to be true.

Stem: The stem is probably the most disapointing aspect of this hookah, especially after looking at the rather decieving pictures posted on the website. Contrary to the gleaming solid looking stem above, this stem feels like it was made from recycled tin cans. And that cool looking blue segment which from the picture, looks like a nice segment of anodized metal, is in fact a sh*tty piec of plastic that is molded into the stem by crimping the tin around it at the ends. The Welds at the bases of the hose pipes were not complete, and I had to repair them JB weld. Although the stem is at leas in functioning condition now, the craftsmanship is some of the worst I've ever seen. The only good thing I can say about the stem is that it goes nice and deep into the vase.

Base: You would think that it would be hard to mess up a stupid piece of glass, but this hookah managed to let me down yet again. The base in the picture leads one to believe that the blue stripes running around the base are simply blue glass that was layered in with the clear glass to form stripes, right? And even from a manufacturing standpoint, this shouldn't be a difficult, or expensive item to produce. In actuallity, this Base is solid blue glass, with crappy ass silver decals going around it to form the stripes. Again, Sub par, and a needless compromise which I don't believe really saved any money in manufacturing.

Seal: Stem/Base seal is fine. As I said before however, This hookah was not air tight due to incomplete welds.

Smokability: After repairs, it manages a decent smoke. The cheapness of it takes away from the atmosphere.

Overall: Friends, save yourselves from the cunning allure of North Smoke hookahs. This hookah would have been worth it if it was 30% percent less expensive. For that price, the flaws would have been at least understandable in a way. Some of the sorriest craftsmanship I've ever encountered. 5/10

Holy crap, that totally blows. Sorry to hear that you spent money on that thing. How dissapointing. But thank you so much for posting this, I was just about to purchase the Scorpio or Python, and I am glad to say that I won't now. I would have been throwing away a whole lot of money.