Dionysus (Rocket)

General: This hookah appears to be a mix of a 26’’ Mya stem with a Hookah Company Czech base. It is the same stem as those used on some bohemian crystal hookahs sold on Mya’s website. It also appears similar to an extended qt stem. Link to the Bohemian Rocket

Stem: Perfectly manufactured with no visible errors. The Stem weighs a great deal more than my previous 30’’ Egyptian. It does have a shorter downstream then my previous Egyptian, but it doesn’t adversely affect the smoke. The downstream screws off, which provides for easier cleaning. I find cleaning the common chamber no more difficult than my former hookah. It seems to get comparably clean with lemon juice and water. I have only used it a dozen or so times, and as such will alter my description if the rough interior begins collecting gunk.

Base: The base manufactured in the check republic is remarkably thick. Being that this hookah doesn’t have a Mya base you avoid the delicate nature of some of their more recent offerings. I can’t see this ever breaking.

Seal: The best seal I have yet experienced. You could carry this hookah by the stem. It still separates with only moderate force. I would say it has the perfect balance.

Smoke Density: Though the bore seems limited compared to my Egyptian, I get consistently thicker smoke. I use a Razon hose so it’s not the limiting factor. Even my Egyptian taped to improve the seal doesn’t seem to generate the same amount of smoke.

Overall: This is the best hookah I have yet smoked out of. It produces a huge amount of smoke and appears perfect. I’ve smoked a KM hafa that at least matched it in smoke density, but the quality was inconsistent. What can I say, I’m a man of the present and prefer quality machined goods. 10/10

• 4 months later...
Just got this one about 2 days ago.

The hookah itself is a pretty sweet pipe. Hits pretty nicely and the long stem helps with cool down time. I am pretty excited about it, but I do have some gripes. The gasket connecting the base to the stem is not a very good one. It feels a little loose and wobbly. The tray is a good size, but it takes up some needed room for where the gasket for the bowl would go. I was using a modern bowl w. a lid so the adapter kept sliding and not gripping the bowl. The pipe is a beautiful one though. Looks amazing sitting on my table when I am not using it!

Overall I give it a 8.3/10