Crazy? Idea.

Repledus

Hokay basically, i watched alice in wonderland yesterday and now im inspired to build a hookah, not really
But i've decided to have a crack at making a hookah, now ive got a glass bottle, fairly thick bout 6mm (1/4 inch for american folks)(that is at the thinnest point) now somehow, the thought of such contrasting temperatures causing the glass to break has somehow slipped my mind admist such excitement.

Now has this been done before? is it possible? unlikely? dangerous?

I think either way im going to attempt to build this. But opinions will be appreciated.

Below is a very basic diagram, also, bottle looks alot better in real life than it does in the pic lollllllll.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Repledus @ Feb 10 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hokay basically, i watched alice in wonderland yesterday and now im inspired to build a hookah, not really
But i've decided to have a crack at making a hookah, now ive got a glass bottle, fairly thick bout 6mm (1/4 inch for american folks)(that is at the thinnest point) now somehow, the thought of such contrasting temperatures causing the glass to break has somehow slipped my mind admist such excitement.

Now has this been done before? is it possible? unlikely? dangerous?

I think either way im going to attempt to build this. But opinions will be appreciated.

Below is a very basic diagram, also, bottle looks alot better in real life than it does in the pic lollllllll.

done, yes, dangerous, not really, just dont change the temps of water too quickly, possible, yes, unlikely, no.
I have to be getting points for conciseness lol