Gooza Americana

slyfarmerjon

I've been looking for a small, walk-around hookah for a while and recently bought the Gooza Americana and the combo bowl that has been floating around here (the one with the clip-on wind screen). Overall I'm impressed.

Packages:
Base
Stem screws on the base with a rubber washer
Screw in peice that goes into the water
Pipe piece comes in 2 pieces that screw into the stem
Bowl with rubber stopper
Flexible cleaner
Ash Bowl
Tongs

Build:
The Base is made out of plastic, the stem and pipe are both made of stainless steel. Overall, the build quality is totally solid, however there seems to be a small leak in the base, but its something i can fix with a little bit of epoxy puddy.

The Set up:

Built the hookah very easily and had to experiment with different water levels until i got it right. Lit a coal (can't remember brand) and put in some romma mango shisha. Should have put in a little less shisha, but more on that in a second. Also, it was around 30 degrees farenheit outside, so that affected the experience a little.

The Smoke:

Once things got lit, the smoke was on and it was pretty awesome for the temperature being below freezing. The combo bowl held up well and I was able to get some great big fluffy clouds pretty constantly. The taste was good but there was a little bit of a burnt sugar flavor at the beginning and thats probably due to me over packing the bowl. Mostly it was an aftertaste and nothing bad. I was really impressed by the hookah and it lasted about 30 minutes until i decided it was too cold for me and even then it seemed i had inly gone through about 2/3 of the shisha.

Overall:

Its a Good Hookah but even better as a hand held and portable hookah. So that's why I'm giving it two scores

As a Hookah, 7/10
Portable, walkaround hookah, 9.5/10