Why Democracy Fails

TheScotsman

Are you calling me a hyper-liberal? That's rich... And I would hardly call what I wrote a violent flame... One insulting comment? C'mon. You'll notice that you're the only person in this thread that I have reacted uncivilly to, I guess I found your ignorance offensive (and not just in your beliefs; do you really think that saying someone is young and naive refutes their argument when you provide no proof to the contrary?).

And I apologize for insinuating that you are roughly as intelligent as a dumb animal, I see that I've deeply offended you. And for the pre edit version of my post, which you evidently saw but didn't react until after I had removed the material in question...

It certainly isn't true that age directly correlates with someone's knowledge of what is going on around them. I repeat, nothing you have said has refuted my argument unless you consider accusing me of naivete to be enough...

And I don't believe I ever said anything remotely resembling "we're all doomed." I did express my dissatisfaction with the direction our country is headed.

Yeah, actually, a lot of people in our country barely get by, paycheck to paycheck.

Do you honestly think that the press is liberal? Let me guess... Because the majority of individual reporters, the people that write the news stories, are liberal?

I'm not even going to address your argument that the education system is liberal beyond writing this... And yes, the liberal politicians in Washington are doing a shameful job at reforming anything. Refer to my previous argument about lobbying.

When did I say I wasn't happy? Or were you referring to content with the state of the government?

I'm sure that more conservatives give more money to charities. Why? Because who is more likely to be conservative...a working class person? Or a rich person? I'll give you a hint: conservative views include such positions as flat tax and abolishing social services. And don't even try to tell me that a flat tax system doesn't serve the rich, because I certainly hope we both know better.

One might call these conservatives hypocritical, because they give money to the poor even as they take away their government support.

MY OPINION is that conservatism comes with age because, in general, money comes with age, and people are greedy. Also, in general conservatives place more value on religion, which people also value more when they're older because death becomes more of a real possibility than something so far off in the future it isn't really considered.

I really wish that you would address my arguments, because I would love to see the basis for the arguments you are making. Assuming you have one. blink.gif

edit: HookahReviews, I agree completely Edited by lemmiwinks

My comments have carefully NOT been pointed at any one person, unless specifically noted. I'm just tossing a shoe out there. If it fits, then wear it. If it doesn't fit, then it's not your shoe! Is that hyper-sensitivity or just plain paranoia I hear out there?

I appreciate that this thread's turbulance has died down but it's gotten quite a bit muddled, so I'll make a civil, orderly request of Lemm & Geis. (for you to accept or decline. again freedom of choice)

Each or both of you together please start a new, clean, fresh thread outlining (in bullet fashion) what you desire of The U.S. Government Political system. How should it work specifically? What do you want it to do?

None of this nebulous bumper-sticker crap like "Stop Corruption Now!" or "Bush Lied, People Died!"

GIMME SOME SPECIFICS, please. Lets all hear some coherent ideas. And I'll attempt to calmly, civilly address each of them. Then you can blast the tar out of my points! You might be surprised at how much we agree upon. Then again, you'all might just get really pissed off all over again.

note: DUH! Of course I'm the only one who was uncivilly treated. I'm the only one who adamantly disagreed. Sucks when everyone doesn't march in lock-step, doesn't it? I'm probably as close as you've ever been to actually meeting one of THEM. cool.gif (quere Darth Vader entrance music)