No Fluffy White Smoke

SeamrogHookah

Hello all im quite new to the forum and have a question or you all. I have a 17incher from Social Smoke and its giving me some troubles.
Ive got it setup all right, no leaks at least. I loosely but not too loosely pack the bowl, use the foil and have the water at the correct level on the stem.

But when i go to hit it , nice smooth draw but no smoke, not the fluffy white clouds i was aiming for. Now ive played with coal placement, but i was wondering if a funnel bowl with the mod would help, or if somebody has a suggestion for a better coal placement. or an suggestions would be of great help, and possibly someplace to purchase this funnel bowl

thank you all again for any help,

QUOTE (SeamrogHookah @ Aug 24 2007, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Benji @ Aug 23 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What type of coal do you use? I use 40mm quicklites broken into quarters and place them on a standard clay bowl in a square formation with a wind cover.

i use the same but not broken just one kinda in the middle of the bowl

I had the same problem when I didn't break up the coal; or it might just be me. But try breaking up the coal and spreading them around the bowl. You'll get a better heat source. The duration of the coal seems to last a little less then a whole one but once the broken peices are done I just throw another unbroken coal on there - I get a little lazy to break up the 2nd one laugh.gif

what does your "hole" setup like? (the holes in the foil)

And to be honest with you, if you cant get a standard bowl to hit (for now at least), there is no way you will have success with a phunnel.

Its either to many/big holes in the foil or just not enough heat.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this will help. This is my set up when using a standard bowl. When you break the coal youll probably end up with two or three good sized peaces, just remember to keep them spaced out a bit so you don't put too much heat in one spot, and burn the shisha.

Also, heres a tip that usually helps get your bowl lit a little faster, after you place the coals on the bowl and start hitting away, try flipping the coals over after a couple puffs, because durring the time that you stuck the coals onand picked up your hose, the coals usually cooled off on the side against the foil, this happens all the time for me, and flipping them makes a big difference.