Terrorist Attacks

• 2 weeks later...
I have friend who was one car behind one that was detonated.  She was told to evacuate because there was a power failure. My prayers are with all of the victims.
there was apparently another attempted bombing of the london subway system [url="http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html"]yesterday morning[/url].  And it was only blind luck that it wasn't successful (they're speculating that the explosives were too old and didn't react to the detonator).
I find this very unsetteling.  no matter how much they increase security, there will always be holes to slip through.

• 5 months later...
Well, why worry about the lesser savages in the world? We're the advanced, highly moral 1st world, democracy. I'm, of course, being sarcastic.If we worried about people who weren't White Christians, we couldn't have attacked Iraq. For that matter, instead of arbitrarily attacking Afghanistan as an AL Queda base, we could have attacked another country that Al Queda had bases in, and sleeper cells, like Spain, the UK or Germany. People die everyday from conflict in Palestine and Beirut (well, quite a bit), but we get attacked once in over 200 years, and we $hit our pants. Home of the free and the brave, eh?

[quote name='Tangiers']For that matter, instead of arbitrarily attacking Afghanistan as an AL Queda base, we could have attacked another country that Al Queda had bases in, and sleeper cells, like Spain, the UK or Germany.  [/quote]Or America? They have sleeper cells.The destinction I would like to bring forward is of course that when attacking Afghanistan - both the regime and the Al Queda organisation where an opposition (in a casus belli degree). Therefore we could attack the "country".Same does not apply for Spain, the UK or Germany - or the USA. So we need not go to war with Spain, the UK or Germany - or the USA.

[quote name='Kofod'][quote name='Tangiers'] For that matter, instead of arbitrarily attacking Afghanistan as an AL Queda base, we could have attacked another country that Al Queda had bases in, and sleeper cells, like Spain, the UK or Germany.  [/quote]Or America? They have sleeper cells.The destinction I would like to bring forward is of course that when attacking Afghanistan - both the regime and the Al Queda organisation where an opposition (in a casus belli degree). Therefore we could attack the "country".Same does not apply for Spain, the UK or Germany - or the USA. So we need not go to war with Spain, the UK or Germany - or the USA.
[/quote]Something like cutting off your own nose, to spite your own face, eh? Afghanistan may have been attacked mainly for the natural gas pipeline that Unocal wanted to run from the Caspian Sea. The US certainly didn't put much of a military effort in to get Bin Laden. Of course, Batman has to worry about being cancelled if The Riddler dies, if you know what I mean. As long as Batman has aversaries, he gets to have carte blanche. If we caught them...