Rainbow Shag

KillZedKill

Ok, so for the past week I've been raving about getting my new egyptian. I wanted something classy and old school, so I went with the 35" Rainbow Shag Hookah, from Hookah Company. I received the box today, and opened it promptly, (the shipping was pretty fast). I started off with the small things, saving my beauty for last. The hose that is pictured with the hookah is kinda iffy looking, but the one sent to me is almost Nammor like! with the acrylic mouth piece. Except its spiral shaped. The tangiers bowl and mod are beautiful, and they made sure to send me the two free tubs of tobacco, and other accecories.

So I finally opened the Hookah packaging.. and I found many things that dissapointed me. The base was chipped and paint was missing, and the "marble" piece in the center of the stem was a clear plastic thing with glittery stuff inside of it. The purge valve was the same ugly material, unlike the one shown on the site, which was rasta-ish.

I Sent my complaint to HC, and dont know if i should smoke it, or wait to see if they will take it back... I dont have a camera at the moment, but I'll try to get pictures up soon.

I feel as if I ordered from Abercrombie & Hookah. I just paid 80 dollars for somethign that came all chipped and damaged, like a pair of pants with holes in them. The site says "These hookahs are for people who appreciate the hand crafted look." I do appreciate the hand crafted look, but do missing chips of paint really qualify?

I'm going to see if they will at least replace it with the KM that I should have bought, for the same price.

Ok, I chatted with the customer service for like half an hour and he said that "because their is a disclaimer saying that egyptian hookahs are hand made and might have some man made flaws" that theirs not much they could do. I told him that " I understand that because its man made each one would be different, but mine has actual chips taken off of the paint." He offered to refund my money if I paid for shipping and a 10% restocking fee.

I decided to keep the hookah.

I began painting the plastic pieces with my acrylic red paint pen, I finished at let the pieces dry, and they look kind of like marble, ha! I'm kind of over the missing paint, I was just kinda ticked off at first. Im going to smoke this baby tonight with my funnel, wish me luck. Edited by ghostofdavid

Ok, so if you search for 35" rainbow shag hookah, you will find a few topics about how upset I was that the quality control of Hookah Companies products must be horrible. Well my new baby has grown on me even though shes missing paint chips from the base. I hooked up my new and first medium funnel with mod, Nammor hose, jap coals, and havanna grape shisha. This thing rips like no other! The base is beautiful with water in it, and I'm still messing with the color of the center piece of the stem. In these pictures, its a light "calypso blue" I think I'm going to aim for somehting a bit more turqoise. Anyway, as you can see the smoke is wonderfully thick in the base, I'll add action shots another time.

This one shows the great colors of the base.

Pretty thick smoke eh? Its better right now!

Here's the blue med funnel

And my whole new baby.