New From North Carolina

My friend recently turned me on to Hookah smoking at a local Hookah lounge near NC State College. When he told me I would actually get a nice taste and a good buzz off of it I'll admit I was skeptical. This was the same guy who swore up and down cigars had a wonderful taste and gave him a buzz that put him on his rear when I tried them I found neither the taste satisfying or the buzz. The cost was DEF a huge factor for the cigar deal too.

So when I walked into the lounge my first surprise was how cheap it was. For 8 bucks we got their premium double apple shisha and a hookah to use. That was over a good hours worth of entertainment for just 8 dollars for two people. So after that surprise I was even more amazed that when I started to smoke the hookah it tasted like apples. I'm always used to just a smoke taste from the few cigars and cigarettes I've had, but the Hookah smoke was just so different. That's when the buzz started to set in and boy did that really surprise me I've read in a few posts your first Hookah experience can get you really buzzed especially if you haven't smoked much, but I was glad he drove because those first ten minutes after leaving I wouldn't have been able too.

A week later I scrimped together the hundred bucks to purchase a decent Egyptian hookah from Hookah-Shisha, learned how to set it up through YouTube, and started trying out different flavors. Currently I've only been using the Romman Shisha and the Golden Coals the Hookah came with, but it’s easy to tell the smoking experience I'm getting at home isn't nearly as good as the one at the lounge. So I'm looking around on this forum for advice. I've gotten a little familiar with the terms like I know the golden coals are quick lights and that the natural coals while harder to light allow for a better taste. Other than that I'm not sure of any way to improve the experience. All advice is welcome. Thanks!