Headaches

Also, for migraines, smoking hookah can help. Put your hands close to the charcoal and get them very hot. Its something called biofeedback or some such thing. It does work OK. Smoking a hookah to get rid of a hookah headache sounds a little self-destructive, on the other hand. Headaches can also be caused by the muscles in the head tensing up

Well I just had my first non headache day after smoking for the last 2 weeks. I've narrowed it down to either the coals were still too fresh when I started or that the layalina messes with my head. Tonight I should have all the evidence I need to identify the culprit angry.gif

I have only once before gotten a bad headache from smoking hookah....
It was with a 2 piper rotator with a familypot which had a split line in the middle.
It was packed with mint on the one side(cant remeber which)and with afzal grape on the other.

We smoked it between 3 of us for about an hour(and we had been smoking for 1 and a half hours before that) it had one satndard self lighting coal on it.
But i have no idea what it was because we were so messed up after that.

We just took to paracetamols and went to sleep and we were fine the next morning

Enjoy
H&S

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 24 2007, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eating & Drink kids when smoking your hookah!

You want us to consume small children while we smoke? tongue.gif

The times that I've gotten headaches, it's been from smoking coals that are not yet fully lit, or smoking in a room with inadequate ventilation. I'd chalk both of those up to carbon monoxide inhalation.

Humidity effects seem to influence it, too, especially when the humidity goes up and the tobacco is going through damp humidity shock. There may be two components to these headaches, one from carbon monoxide, one from nicotine. My headaches might be nicotine (Japanese coals, Tangiers Tobacco), other people, smoking bleached ("washed") tobacco might be very different and from carbon monoxide. This discussion seems to be taking the course "A headache is a headache". I'd like to question that. Maybe different headaches (or both headaches on top of each other) come from different sources...identifying one variable that causes the problem might be difficult because the other variable still contributes to it...and then a person says "No, that wasn't it." and resumes the original variable, even though it was one of the contributing factors.

Oxygen and sleep for me!

I've now decided that it was very poor coal management on my part. I must have not been letting the new coals burn long enough before smoking because I just had a bowl usign the Layalina and the silverfoil coals and absolutely no problems. THANK GOD!!!

When I get a headache from smoking my hookah (or hell, whenever I get a headache) I make myself a mixed drink with some scotch, take some Advil, and sometimes smoke a cigarette.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 26 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I get a headache from smoking my hookah (or hell, whenever I get a headache) I make myself a mixed drink with some scotch, take some Advil, and sometimes smoke a cigarette.

That's got to be the healthiest method of getting rid of a headache I've ever heard! laugh.gif

We had some pretty bad headaches from smoking so i suggest you eat something, anything and then wash it down with some fluid...if you aren't feeling better pop some advil. But i haven't had a terrible headache yet...