Bowl Material

Callez

First off. That ain't no hookah.

I suspect that is a device to smoke substances which we do not speak of on here.

I could not comment further!

JD

edit : having looked at some of the other images on that photobucket account i'd say it's defo not a hookah.

Strange; seeing as I found that pic on this very forum...
http://www.hookahforum.com/Home-Made-Hookah-t11400.html
I'm pretty sure it's a hookah made for smoking regular tobacco for hookah's... not something we do not mention here...
But I just wanted to know; using something made out of plasltic as an item for putting the tobacco in your hookah, would that be poisonous or not
Callez

Fair play. It just looks very...odd... in some of the other photos. (edit, the reason i say this is that it appears nothing enters the water /edit)

Your right of course. Using plastic would be daft. Having said that I cannot see why you would not just use
a normal bowl? I think that is how other's have done it.

JD

The "hookah" in the above pic was meant to be used as a hookah. It was made by a forum member here- tonster91. He commented in the thread that the plastic funnel was only there to shape the foil into a bowl, and he did not leave it there during the smoking session. laugh.gif

If you want to make a home made hookah out of household items, there are several good sets of instructions here in the How To Funhouse. No offense to tonster, but I would not go for his particular design- creative as it may be. wink.gif

Here's the one I built. It is a smaller hand-held hookah, but it smokes like a champ! Using it as I write this post as a matter of fact. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Callez @ Jun 20 2007, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks; will try to find a similar stainless steal funnel at a kitchen store somewhere...
Callez

On the last page of the thread for my hookah, there is a link to an online store which carries the exact tea ball. I guess it is pretty hard to find. The funnel is pretty easy though, I see it around a lot. Good luck! smile.gif

yeah, the plastic funnel was only there because i hadn't yet finished the shaft... i wouldn't use anything plastic anywhere near the coal because inhaling plastic fumes can kill you....

I'll post a tutorial on how to make a hookah purely out of household items. Tingjunkie's hookah looks really good, but some of the parts you have to go and get.

The hookah i made was just something i threw together in about 20 mins when i had the urge for some shisha!:p
i'll post up a tutorial later