Homemade Coal Holder

Sk8r1462

Im new to the hookah scene, havent had mine for very long, and im pretty inexperienced as far as some of the terms, im not sure what to call it, but here goes...

I ran out of aluminium foil and it's like 1AM angry.gif
so i improvised using a fork instead, now, interestingly enough, it is hitting the best i have gotten it to hit, just wondering if neone out there has tried this, and if there is any downside to it. Im not somking anything fancy, not tangeirs or nething, but it seems to work quite well.

any input about this would be nice...

Let me get this straight... You held the coal on top of the bowl and tobacco with a fork? Did you have to sit there and hand hold it, or did you just balance it there somehow?

As long as it worked, more power to ya! wink.gif

I'm always amazed at some of the stories and inventions that pop up on this forum due to not having the right hookah parts/coals/foil/etc. People get mad creative! I can't honestly say that I have ever been so fiending to smoke that I felt the need to MacGyver something like this... I just wait til the next day when the store is open, or until I can place an order for the right part. Love the creativity though!

Welcome to the forum. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome, and in response to your question,

i didnt have to hold it over the bowl, i just sort of placed it on top of the shisha, and put the coal on the fork... the fork stuck to the shisha, and it worked surprisingly well as long as the hookah didnt move around too much.

I thought it was kinda weird, but hey it worked and now i know what to do in a pinch rolleyes.gif

and as soon as i get a camera that i can connect to my computer, i'll post a picture of the setup Edited by Sk8r1462

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Sk8r1462 @ Jun 18 2007, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im new to the hookah scene, havent had mine for very long, and im pretty inexperienced as far as some of the terms, im not sure what to call it, but here goes...

I ran out of aluminium foil and it's like 1AM angry.gif
so i improvised using a fork instead, now, interestingly enough, it is hitting the best i have gotten it to hit, just wondering if neone out there has tried this, and if there is any downside to it. Im not somking anything fancy, not tangeirs or nething, but it seems to work quite well.

any input about this would be nice...

yupp i also made a conver cause i ran out and couldn be bothered goin to buy some and used a drain cover lolz

• 2 weeks later...
You know in a worst-case scenario, what you can do is only pack part of the shisha bowl, and then place the coal next to the shisha, and the hot air from the coal will heat the shisha, just make sure you dont place it too close to the shisha though or your lungs are in for a nasty surpise. laugh.gif