Wyteboy reviews AF Melon and Romman flvrs

About to light up the af melon.
Initial observations:  typical AF cut, this ma'assel hwoever is SOAKED in juice...EXTREMELY wet and also smells good.  Smells more like grenadine or a cherry-ish kind of smell than it does melon.
I'll post my review here later and also all reviews of any Romman that I smoke in this thread as well!

I am really curious for others' input who have smoked the AF melon...I looked through King Mo and Cypress' reviews and didn't see it in there...
This smoke tastes almost exactly like it smells...sort of fruity, but no real discernible fruit flavor to it.  Glorious clouds of smoke I have come to just love from AF, but the flavor of this smoke may leave a bit to be desired...
MikeM, what is your take on this flavor?  I'd rate it like a 6.5 or so, moreso for the clouds of great smoke that come from AF, and the flavor wasn't BAD it just didn't blow me away and I have become used to the AF grape, cherry and the Fumari and this flavor just did not live up to the othe AF flavors.  I'm on a roll now so I am gonna light up the ROmman sweet melon which I am PSYCHED to try.  Then get some dinner and then later tonight hopefully try the Romman Raspberry with a friend of mine.
How do ppl who have smoked the AF melon feel about it?

OK I just packed the bowl....Romman is interesting.  there are almost ZERO ZERO stems in the romman, even fewer than AF.  Most of it is ALL really long strands of tobacco.  It is not very wet, but actually sort of reminds me of the sort of "greasy stickiness" of Nahkla or Al-waha.  I am really anxious to smoke this since I have heard so much about it.  Hopefully i didn't pack the bowl too full - review to come shortly....

I believe it was King Mos review that said for this falvor, you have to smoke through some crap before you get to the good stuff...I don't know if I packed the bowl too full or used too much coal, but the beginning was a big harsh and not good.  I am not a huge fan of honeydew melon anyway, but I had heard awesome things about this flavor so thus far, I was disappointed.  I took off 1/2 a coal and the smoke got better.  Very thick, rivaled AF, but the flavor left a BIT to be desired...
I am going to try the Goldens later toinght at my friends apt.  I just PRAY it doesn't explode since we'll be inside, but I am dying to try one smoke with the Goldens and see if it's far superior to the 3kings.  I am going to resmoke this sweet melon with my friend and also smoke the Romman Rasperry later tonight, then I will be done with the recent samples I've received.  Reviews later tonight!

Don't worry about the explosions,  I've gone thru 2 boxes of
Goldens sofar,  and all that happens is that they shoot off a lot
of sparks.  The sparks WILL stain the carpet though,  so make
sure you light the coal in the kitchen sink, and then if
there IS an explosion,  it won't go all over the carpet.

My experience with AF Melon Sweet Melon is that is smokes real smooth
with lots of smoke,  but it has virtually no flavor
whatsoever.  It's been sitting on my desk now for 2 weeks and I
haven't even touched it.  I'll probably mix it with other stuff
for a thicker smoke,  but that's about it.

You're gonna LOVE those Golden Coals.  Just hold the coal tightly with the tongs and you should be alright.

Have fun tonite 

OKay I'm back.....
First off, Math don't kill me, but I really did not notice a big difference in the goldens....:(  I'm sorry, I wanted to! LOL!  I'll try em again soon with a bowl right before or after a 3kings and see if I get a difference that time...
Anyway, smoked THREE bowls tonight and if there is ever a review I could more VEHEMENTLY change and correct, it is the 3rd of the following:
1) Romman Sweet Melon - Smoked this again...it was good and I could definitely taste the honeydew flavor.  A smooth smoke but never got quite as thick as I like.  I really like big, in your face flavor and the flavor of this is just too subtle for my liking
2) Romman Rasperry - A very good raspberry flavor (which is what I was looking for), very sweet, good smoke.  I'd rate this about a 7.5-8.  I would absolutely smoke this again but probably not keep this on hand.
3) OK, here we go...AF Melon again.  WOW.  My friend and I smoked this again with 1.5 3kings (just like I used with the goldens on the raspberry) and BOOM.  I don't know if I filled the other bowl too full or the coal was a dud or what, but wow....I would classify this as more of a "mixed fruit/fruity cocktail" type flavor than a 'melon' per se, but I got absolutely DELICIOUS huge thick clouds of fruity, sweet flavored smoke for over an hour with my friend and I smoking.  I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this flavor to anyone and I am seriously considering keeping this on hand permanently, along with the grape, cherry, and Fumari stuff....TRY IT, it was great!!
Sidenote: I noticed tonight my hose kept falling out of the seal...does this tend to happen? The seal looks fine and nothing seems wrong with it.  I always leave the rubber seal in the valve, should I be taking it out and then just placing it in when I go to smoke?  It was weird...I was wondering if something was wrong with the seal...
SO those are the reviews for the day...I think my samples of Nour coal arrived today and I will be picking them up tomorrow...Math, I should be picking your stuff up Friday which means I will be taking a break til then (unless I can't resist smoking beautiful AF cherry with nour coals tomorrow night) and then try your ROmman samples over the weekend.  I cannot WAIT to try the romman peach, strawberry and lemon you sent me.  Thanks again!

oh thanks math for the tip! I have the seal in the valve already and the place the hose in that...
I'll try it differently tonight.
Mikem, I found the smoke thickness to be very comparable between the two brands. 
I have definitely learned a lot of this stuff is very personal preference, but it's nice to learn about everyone's preferences.

So I know I SAID I was gonna take a break today, woke up with a sore throat and nose today, but then I got some more samples today that I did not know were coming, including Romman pineapple and cherry.  I will probably give those a quick smoke today and then what I am reallllly looking forward to is a bowl of AF cherry with the nour coals!  May do that tonight and take a significant break....May not be able to smoke this weekend at all since I may be out of town so a break from Wed-Mon is pretty solid, right?? :)

OK.....
1) Romman Pineapple - This is sort of a mix of 2 reviews.  I think most know the cut of Romman, if not tell me and I can describe it.  Briefly it's similar to AF but less wet basically....Anyway, I lit this up twice, first briefly and then later on after trying the other flavors.  Initially, I wasn't expecting much since I had read King Mos review...But it was EXTREMELY enjoyable.  I smoked with 1.5 3kings.  It doesn't taste like a natural pineapple, but more maybe like the pineapply syrup sort of that is in the Dole cans....However, that is not a knock.  The smoke was sweet and smooth and great! I would have rated it a 9 maybe...When I lit it later I was smoke with the nour (review of the nour in general at the end) and the smoke wasn't as good..not sure if it's cause of the coal or anything, but I just wasn't enjoying it much.  Maybe it's cause it was my 4th bowl and I was already playing in pain at the beginning of the night, lol!  However, overall I would give this a 7.5 or so and encourage anyone looking for a pineapple to at least give this a try.
2) Romman Cherry - this smoke was good...I am in love with the AF cherry as you know but I was excited to try a different cherry.  The AF cherry isn't necessarily a "natural ripe cherry" flavor but more like the taste of grenadine or bar cherries...This Romman I think should be called "black cherry."  It wasn't really sweet, it had a cherry-ish flavor, but one that I can really best describe as sort of the flavor of a Black Cherry soda or something.  It was good, i'd almost say very good depending on personal taste.  I'd give this a 6.5/7, but could see someone else giving it like an 8 or something
3) AF Cherry - I had been dying to try this with a nour coal and it didn't really disappoint.  I wasn't loving every second of smoke like I was last time, but maybe that has to do with the setting (last time I smoked it I was sitting on a balcony with a beer and it was 75 outside...)  ANyway, the flavor was great and the smoke was phenomenal ( definitely thicker than the Romman I think)....Last time I'd have to say 9.5, this time I'd have to say 8.5.  Again , maybe becaues it was my 3rd bowl....lol.
OK, the Nour coal review:  First off, WHOA MESSY!  I had no clue...Once you smoke for like 5 mins, if you try to move the coal around the bowl, it's like ASH EVERYWHERE. just falling all over the bowl...this was a pain and bothered me...also a ton of ash got all over the stove when I blew on the coal to get rid of the last "black spot" on it...That being said, the smoke with them was very good initially, first 15 mins or so but then I found the coals became so ashed over that the smoke started to die....Maybe it is just the romman since it was pretty thick the whole smoke with AF...I didn't really notice a huge difference between my 3kings smoke earlier in the night and the nour, though I did think the smoke was a bit "smoother."  Due to mess, I think I'll reserve the 3kings for indoor smoking and use the Nour when I am in the mood and use it outside so the ash falling everywhere doesn't really matter...Overall, I do expect to order a bag of these at some point.
I am absolutely not smoking again til Monday.  I am very ecstatic to smoke Romman peach early next week, as well as the strawberry and lemon.  I am hoping they are great.  If so, I will prob get a 50g of one or two of them when I order the nour coal.  I also am anxious to try all 3 AF flavors coming as AF is definitely my favorite brand and if they are as any good as the Grape and Cherry, I am gonna be in heaven.  Until then, time to rest! :)
Thoughts on my reviews on these flavors?  Cypress, you've smoked em- what do you think?  Thanks again!

Cool, I have a refined hookah palatte now, LOL! :)
Cypress, would you recommend buying the romman pineapple? I can't decide if it's something I'd want on hand or not...it's not really pineapply-ey enough for me that if I craving a pineapple flavor that I think I'd reach for it...If I was sure to get the pineapple flavor from the first time then I probably would get it, but I'm not sure.
ALso what are your thoughts on my nour experience?  Do you feel the same way?

I get my coals pretty hot on the gas stove. they do ash a bit so i
switch back and forth depending on my mood. I have nour lemonwood,
fingers, golden and sarah coals. I have quite a bit and I wont let them
go to waste.  If i was to order today because I ran out i would
order goldens and keep that on hand for conviniece. I did respond to
your pm. For me HH pineapple was more flavorful but the downside is the
lenghth of the session.  Ultimatly is going to be your decision.
You have tried both and now you have to deciede which one you like
better. Keep in mind Romman is twice as much as HH so you could
supliment 2 bowls for the same amount of time from rommman. 

AF will definitely be the brand I keep on hand at all times due to price/enjoyable factor, with Romman, I would just throw in a 50g of one or two the flavors at the same time I buy the nour coals....
Lemon wood would be my most favorite probably if there weren't so oddly shaped and hard to keep in touch with the foil...
I didn't notice a difference at all with the 3kings or the goldens and without the threat of explosion, I'll take the 3kings :) - though I had no problems with the 1.5 golden's I smoked with last time.
Hopefully I'll be on my friend's balcony next week and will use some of the goldens or the nour...

p.s. to all nour users - when you first put it on the foil - do you just leave it there all smoke long without moving?  Can't possibly move it around during the smoke due to the ash, I would imagine, but I wanted to ask anyway!  Thanks guys!

hmmm....well next week I will definitely use the nour with one of my 3 AF smokes, as well as the 3kings and see again about the difference.  yay for coal debate!  thanks again Cypress for the romman stuff tonight, much appreciated!