Smoke Signals From A Land Down Under

Hey all,

Thought I would introduce myself as Ive been reading for a little while and just joined up as a member. Seems to be a pretty chilled out crowd, you lot smile.gif Having recently been re-introduced to the hookah concept after a mate returned from Dubai with an 'addiction', we were fortunate enough to find a local cafe that pulls out the pipes, and man I was hooked on the idea of buying one.

Based in little old Sydney, Australia, I looked at a few hubbly-bubblies a few years ago for purchase, but never took it further, for I felt that most of them were a bit too ornamental-looking. Now that Im a little older & uglier (ok, only mid-30's), I'm going to make it my mission to scour the town for a reputable device, namely in the major Lebanese & Turkish suburbs in Sydney (for the locals, think Lakemba, Bankstown & Auburn) for something that is an airtight, working tool built for chillin' out and not just a mantlepiece oddity smile.gif If my search fails, I will have to hit some of the fave commercial sites that you folks mention and ask them about overseas shipping. Although my half-baked theory is that if they are paying for shipping from the middle east into the US (and factor that into the sale price), then I pay for shipping from the US to Australia,along with $conversion - ouch - perhaps it becomes a pricey endeavour that can be avoided if I find a local seller. Sadly, they aren't so popular here sad.gif

Can I post here (ie the forum, not this sub-forum) as a non-hookah owner looking for some experienced advice on buying myself the first 'baby'? I'd prefer to be informed before I buy, so I don't end up with a lemon. Noticed a few Aussie members here (from using the search engine) so please, introduce yourselves and perhaps provide a few pointers on where the best local places might be for a decent range of pipes for sale.

Anyway, great forum, and I hope to chat with you all down the track.

Cheers,

Ø