Hookah Built Out Of Vases?

hookahgod

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, a long time hookah builder though. Anyone on here make hookahs outside of the traditional style?

something like this:

If anyone does, i'd love to hear and share tips and trick on making em.

Nice one! smile.gif WTF is the bowl made from?

Search around the How-To section and you'll find some cool homemade hookahs. Not sure if there are any other vase hookahs out there though (on this forum anyway). Edited by tingjunkie

Hey there Hookahgod, thats a nice hookah you made it's very unique. How does it smoke? I hope it smoke like a champ. Try asking scalli for tips and tricks he's an inventer here at the forum and he made the scalli mod for the phunnel there's even a video he made on youtube. Search for it and he will help you on making a kickass hookah. Your's not bad it looks cool and modern peace smile.gif

i bought a large (32" tall) vase once to use - it works, but due the downstem being so short I had to put so much water in it, it didn't smoke well - my bf altered the stem by pacing a piece of rubber tubing on the end, but the seal wasn't good (jury-rigged with 2 stem grommets and some wet paper towels). We're always on the look-out for kool vases - i keep a tape measure in my purse just so we can check the opening size.

Just one word of caution - check the vase/bottle before using. Some state a warning about NOT USING with food or liquids to be consumed. They may use lead based paints (found several warnings like this on Walmart/Kmart/Target vases).

This guy smoked alright, way to thin of a stem though.

I'm using 1/2" ID copper tubing now, and 3" diameter bowls, sooooooo much smoke! I burn through about 25g's a bowl though. I have a 2 hose and a 3 hose of this construction, can't find any pics of em though.

The bowl i made from a sushi dish i found at cost plus and a candle holder, the sushi dish (top) has about 8 holes drilled in it, the bottom one, one large one. Epoxied together and silicon sealed. What do you guys normally do on bowls? i think about 75% of hookah building time for me is building these damn bowls.

Thanks on warning on the lead content, i've never paid any attention to that, wonder how poisoned i'm gonna be. Edited by hookahgod