Help Me Smoke Tangiers

I've read on here that getting Tangiers to smoke correctly is very tricky?

I have purchased 2 flavors from Tangiers, they are Green Apple and Orange Soda.

I'm not excatly sure what I'm doing wrong here, but when I go to take a hit, I can barely take a small hit before the flavor of tobacco is over powering to me which then makes me choke. I barely get any smoke when I smoke Tangiers. And with whatever smoke I do get, the smoke isn't thick at all...Am I doing something wrong here, I setup the hookah just like how I would with any other flavors, I've smoked SB, Pharohs and Smiley Sexy on the usual. I usually just use one sheet of foil and poke a bunch of holes randomly. I then place either 1 large disc of 3 kings or 2 pieces of japnese. Which always smoke fine with other tobacco....

Can someone help me?

ok, well here is my way of doing it. i have a mya acrylic with standard bowl. i also use tons and tons of ice in the base.

i use lots of tobacco. slightly packing it in the bowl. i use 2 layers of foil. i poke holes around the edge and work my way in using my mya tongs to punch the holes making as many holes as possible. light a single three kings and i place it so it is half on the bowl and with half of it hanging over the side. i change the coal posistion usualy every 20 min. i get huuge clouds, good flavor, no burning or tickling sensation in my lungs and the session usualy lasts around 2+ hours. hopefully this works as well for you as it did for me.

QUOTE (mrconfident @ May 9 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read on here that getting Tangiers to smoke correctly is very tricky?

I have purchased 2 flavors from Tangiers, they are Green Apple and Orange Soda.

I'm not excatly sure what I'm doing wrong here, but when I go to take a hit, I can barely take a small hit before the flavor of tobacco is over powering to me which then makes me choke. I barely get any smoke when I smoke Tangiers. And with whatever smoke I do get, the smoke isn't thick at all...Am I doing something wrong here, I setup the hookah just like how I would with any other flavors, I've smoked SB, Pharohs and Smiley Sexy on the usual. I usually just use one sheet of foil and poke a bunch of holes randomly. I then place either 1 large disc of 3 kings or 2 pieces of japnese. Which always smoke fine with other tobacco....

Can someone help me?

i am a long time reader on here, and a long time hookah smoker also.
i have smoked lots of tanagers, my personal favorite of his is the mint.
any way i had the same problem as you so i called the number that comes with shisha, and spoke to Eric who told me to try filling the bowl all the way to the top and use double layer the foil, it worked well. another think that works even better is the funnel bowls. it is a must, there only like 10 to 15 bucks and keeps the molasses from dripping down the stem making the shisha smoke better. smile.gif
and use less heat Edited by thesteve151

I had this problem the first time i bought tangiers too. make sure that the shisha has acclimated. i agree with what everyone has said try using a little less heat, or keep the coal leaning off the bowl and move it around. i also agree using a funnel bowl makes tangiers a better smoke than one that is not a funnel bowl.

The attached file is what it looks like. It is just one large protruding hole in the middle so you don't lose any of the tobacco juices. If properly used, it is a lot better smoke because of airflow. Plus the clean up is real nice. I would suggest get one.