Diffuser/silencer Using Aerator/laminar

discodancer

it's not new, but i got this idea from [toocoldimtold] on here.

as he did, i attached a sink faucet aerator at the end of my stem as a diffuser. but i added a faucet adapter so i wouldn't have to use electrical tape and get a tighter seal.

[attachment=283:diffuser1.jpg]

the faucet adapter already had a metal clamp. this is available at any hardware store.

now there are many different types of aerators. this one was a double system. it is easy to remove the white caps. it all depends on how much air flow needed. if too much restriction, either leave the mesh and rubber ring in only to have the same pull or one of the white caps and rubber ring.

keep in mind the tread size and if it is male/female screw-in for the aerator to go on the adapter. if the rubber hole (i.d. hose) end on the adapter is too big for the stem, just put electrical tape on the stem, insert it, then clamp it tight. they have different hole sizes as well. also, the clamp may not fit inside your vase. if so, remove the clamp (or use one of those plastic string tighs(sp?)), add electrical tape to stem, and slide it in the i.d. hose/rubber hole. put enough tape to make it snug.

i haven't smoked all configurations, but will let everyone know.

tnx