40mm vs 33 mm?

May seem like a dumb question but I don't have a tape measure...any way to tell (without measuing) if the 1 roll of 3kings I got with the shisha I got awhile is the 33 or 40mm kind?  WHen I buy more stuff later I want to make sure I buy the same size ones that I have been using....
Can't wait to try the other stuff next week!

I'm telling you wyteboy,  you're making a HUGE blundering mistake
by getting 3Kings.  If your intention is to REALLY taste the
flavor of the maassel,  then getting 3Kings is defeating your
purpose.  You may not have noticed any charcoal flavor with the
one roll you got,  but I guarantee that if you tried Golden Coals
from Hookah-Shisha you'd NEVER go back to 3Kings.  Perhaps the
reason you haven't noticed a difference is because you have nothing to
compare it to.  Just buy 1 box of Golden Coals,  and I
guarantee you'll be addicted for LIFE!!! 

hmmm....I can't really afford the possible sharding, splintering, burning explosions of the Golden, lol....that's what makes me nervous. 
ZJZ, do you notice a big taste with the 3 kings? You've been using them a lot longer than I have.  I've been fine so far with them, but I still have 7-8 to use before I am gonna order more so i think by then I'll know if they really don't taste well and stuff and if I don't enjoy them, I promise you Math that I will take your recommendation!

The popping is only when lighting the damn thing. If its that big of a
deal use cooking tongs and a bbq lighter. If anthing go light the coal
outside your door. Just make sure its well lit before going inside.

does everyone agree golden over 3kings except for ZJZ?  Tomorrow I am gonna try the AF plum and the Fumari White Peach I think...I'll use a 3 kings with one and then iether a vivi wood or a lemon wood...we'll see.
Very excited to try both.  The last Fumari i tried was the watermelon and the flavor was very intense with very thick smoke so i am excited to try this flavor!

how often do the goldens explode? does everyone think goldens are that far superior to 3kings? i am thinking of ordering 50g of romman strawberry and romman peach from hookahshisha and i would order a 1/2 box of goldens as well...similarly from BNN I am thinking of ordering 50g of AF straw, GS AF strawberry and esk apple and BNN has 3kings has a sale on 3 kings...
what to do...? thoughts on the golden vs 3 kings, cypress, zjz, mush, ashan, math, nerv, bubble, nathalie, anyone I am forgetting! i know where most of you stand, but all input is appreciated before I invest anymore $$ after I am done with Cypress' samples ;)

Ok I'll out myself and go against what many people here think with this one...I much prefer 3 kings to Golden and now exclusicely smoke 3 kings 33mm. The exploding wasn't a big problem for me with Golden coals...out of 2 rolls one exploded on me and it wasn't that big of a deal since I smoke outside anyways....however I tended to get really bad migraines right after smoking hookah sometimes and also got nauseaous a fair bit...after I had a little marathon session when I received ten new flavours( no I didn't smoke them all :)) I got the worst migraine I had ever had and then decided to try new coals...my local store happened to carry 3 kings so that is what I stumbled upon....and I really really liked them. In my opinion they impart equally little flaour as goldens but don't explore and produce just enough heat for my set up so I am les likely to burn my tobaco now and most importantly I no longer get nauseous or gset migraines after smoking, ever! So yeah I'm very partial to 3 kings here but I guess everyone has different preferences...best bet is porbably to try both, order them by the roll maybe and that way you're not wasting a lot of money either way.... 

well I have really liked the 3kings extremely well thus far and if I smoke them again tomorrow and enjoy them just as much, then I may be sold, except then Math will kill me :( LOL.
Nathalie, I'll let you know about that trade.  Got a ton of stuff going on at work right now so if I forget, just remind me in a week or so ;)

I have tried both. I like Goldens and wont go to any other quick light.
I would say at least try 1 or 2 rolls of the Golden and still get that
half a box of 3 kings.  That way you will have something to
compare it to. 

Thing is, I'd like spend as little money as possible so if I continue to really enjoy the 3kings, then I may just stick with them...Reviews coming later tonight, AF Plum and Fumari White Peach...unless I decide to try the Hazelnut tonight.  Will the hazelnut flavor stay in the stem for a really long time?  The hose too? Or if I wash them both with water afterwards will it rinse it away?

Yeah I am gonna smoke the plum first tonight, very excited about it.  After that I'll see if a 2nd bowl is on the horizon later today...I also really want to retry the HH strawberry and the pineapple, but I think I'll prob try everything once first, then go back and resmoke ;)
The hazelnut I am gonna use the crappy hose from the other hookah for, just so I don't taste the nicer hose that I do have...
OK, question I thought about.  Think about the shape of a 3king.  The "top" of it is totally circular, you could completely touch the entire top to the foil.  The "bottom" is sort of a circle shape, but not totally flat and would not make complete contact with the foil all the way around the shape of the coal...Which side do you guys use on the foil?  I wasn't sure which to use?