Mya Saray Direct

ghostofdavid

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with Mya Saray's direct store. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

• 1 month later...
First, I didn't order online from the Mya direct store but instead went there in person (Sterling, VA), so I can't speak for shipping issues. That said, I walked in on a Friday at about 4:55pm (5 minutes before closing) because I had a little trouble finding the place- make sure you have the exact address if you are thinking about going in person. Arriving so close to the end of the business day was no problem, though- I had as much time as I wanted to look around. The bonus in going to the location is that I was able to pick whichever base/stem etc I wanted, as they were essentially interchangeable as far as I could tell.

After I made a selection I was also able to see it, so I didn't have to worry about potential problems and having to send it back. There was no rush (even at 4:55), and the selection was better than the website- looking at some of the crystal items was almost worth the drive itself (although way out of my price range...) and were more impressive in person than in photos. I have had computer problems recently so I cannot post a photo of the item I bought, unfortunately.

I went with a combination (about 22in tall) which, along with a sturdy case, cost about 110$ (also including tax & forum discount). I have used it several times, and it smokes very well with no leaks. The first time I smoked it with friends we noticed a difference right away in how quickly we were able to get it drawing. I have cleaned it each time -the construction is heavy and all the fittings are tight; I'm keeping an eye on the rubber fittings.

The store seems to sell only the hookahs and some high-quality other items (bowls, etc)- so it didn't come with shisha/extras as do products from some of the online stores. It did include a Mya leather hose, tongs, etc though (the basics). I saved on shipping and was able to customize to fit within my tastes and price range. It's really up to preferences but I'm glad I went in person especially since this was my first hookah purchase, and I wanted to be a little more hands-on.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and the whole process was quite easy... after the drive, that is.

• 2 weeks later...
what was ordered: Mya QT Hookah (amber)

customer service: Processed order fast, and shipped package out fast. I used the hookah forum discount which payed basically my whole shipping cost.

delivery: I got the hookah within three days, lots of bubble wrap and package peanuts. BIG sticker on the box claiming it was glass and to 'handle with care'.

over all satisfaction: 100% satisfied. I didn't know that the hookah was going to be as beautiful and easy to smoke as it is. It's heavy duty as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my hookah at the Mya store, and it was a great experience. Instead of ordering online, I walked right into the store and they set me right up. The guys in the store were great, very helpful, and let me choose whichever base and stem I preferred to mix and match. They also gave me the hookahforum discount, and he asked if I was a member before I could even think to mention it. Really great service, great price, and I'm looking forward to smoking it.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance yet because I am lacking coals. dry.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
what was ordered: Mya Acrylic Hookah (purple w/ chrome stem and )

customer service: could not have been better. I walked into the store looking for replacement parts for my sub-par hookah and after talking with the staff and seeing their product, I ended up buying a new much better made mya hookah right then and there. The staff did not make me feel stupid nor did they talk down to me but rather took the time to demonstrate how well made they product is and how they stand behind everything they sell.

delivery: I got the hookah same day, no waiting. in-store pickup was great. The staff even took the time to setup the unit and make sure all the gaskets were there as well as gave me pointers as to proper cleaning and setup proceedures. delivery process could not have been better.

over all satisfaction: 100% satisfied. I didn't know what to expect and this experiance was beyone expectations.

• 1 month later...
Just went to the Mya Saray store to ask if it would be possible to replace a leaking hose. Although the guys working there initially claimed that leaks were usually caused by mishandling, they decided to just replace the hoses anyways. No charge, no hassle, GREAT customer service. Seriously, if you want to have an awesome hookah purchasing experience, go to Mya Saray. We got to have a fun talk about Hookah Forum, also, but that's not up for discussion right now smile.gif

• 1 month later...
i went to the store in sterling, va as well. and i must say that if all shopping experiences were like this i'd be shopping all the time. the store was not very difficult to find but it was a bit of a hike for me. the store was not set up to be a beautiful retail store however the products were displayed and there was staff there.

Store:
again, not the nicest, but the products were displayed clearly and the selection was amazing

Staff:
OMG i've never met nicer people! they really know what they are talking about. ask them anything (which i did) and i got not only helpful answers but also solutions when i needed them.

the Purchase:
i purchased the Mya Obelisk (aqua blue with the silver swirls) any and everything was customizable. i selected the base, hoses and pipe i wanted. they even took me in the back to see the warehouse. when it came down to the nitty gritty, my hookah set was assembled right in front of me, if i was unhappy with the case i got a new one, if i wanted a different head set up i got a new one, if i wanted to see a different hose i got to see it etc...

it was a wonderful experience...if you get the chance to go out to the factory store DO IT!!

• 1 month later...
I emailed Mya's customer service about a broken QT vase and got a response in just a few hours saying that they would replace it for free. All I had to pay was shipping. (which ended up costing more than the vase, but still...)

I also mentioned that I couldn't find replacement hose grommets on their website, and that I needed to order one because mine had developed a rip. They sent 2 free ones along with the vase as well as an extra stem grommet!

Although the new glass is much thinner than the old base, their customer service was top notch! No complaints here. cool.gif

• 5 months later...