"Premium" Brands superior?

Before I get into it, this topic is only about "Premium Brand" shisha. Starbuzz, Golden AF, Al Qemeh, etc. And the question is simply, what makes a premium brand so much better than just a $10 jar of AA or Tangiers? I know plants come from different places, but people get into thickness of smoke and whatnot as well. Not sure how one plant can provide 2x more smoke than another brand. But I do in fact understand that some companies provide a more flavourful smoke that burns a little slower to extend the sessions. I am hooked on Tangiers and I only ever smoked one flavour as of yet, but it does everything I want it to do without putting a huge dent in my wallet. Only downside is I can't get the thick white smoke clouds to flow, only grey :x -- Also, I'm just a bit confused... and hopefully this post doesn't piss off admins/members. But its hard to smoke on a daily basis when there is something I don't really understand. I'm the type of person who has to fully respect and appreciate, as well as take the time to learn everything about what I'm doing to fully enjoy it. So for that I am sorry :oops:

I'm sure this topic comes up daily, but I know there are a few members out there who know the science of everything and could possibly clear up some things. Just keep the one or two word replies down for me please biggrin.gif

Ok, first off, Tangiers is generally considered a "premium" smoke, albeit just not at a premium price.

Al-Qemah is a ultra high nicctine brand meant for smokers (cigarettes). No one here smokes it AFAIK.

Otherwise, you are generally paying for exotic flavors, and high quality tobacco.

As far as premium brands go, the only ones I consider to be that are Starbuzz, Tangiers and Fumari. They are more flavorful and last longer as one would expect. To really get it, load up a bowl of one of these brands and you'll see why they cost more. You get what you pay for in tobacco, just like everything else in life.

QUOTE (web250)
Ok, first off, Tangiers is generally considered a "premium" smoke, albeit just not at a premium price.

Al-Qemah is a ultra high nicctine brand meant for smokers (cigarettes). No one here smokes it AFAIK.

Otherwise, you are generally paying for exotic flavors, and high quality tobacco.

Ummmm say what?

AFAIK my last box of Al Qemah was the same washed shisha as any normal Al Fakher. Its supposed to be of a higher grade then AL Fakher Golden series, as i understand it, not marketed at smokers, for its higher nicotine content :S

I just checked my box, and its the same nicotine content as AL FAKHER 0.05%

QUOTE (smokestar)
IM FAIRLY NEW TO THE SHISHA BRANDS.. WHICH BRAND SHOULD I BUY FOR A CHRISTMAS PARTY IM HAVING.?? ANY SUGGESTIONS.??

That is kind of a tough question to ask. What sorts of flavors are you into? Is there going to be alcohol at the party?

i have a suggestion... turn capslock off.

but to answer your question... why not look in the review sections. most brands have some good flavors and most have a few not so good ones.

my fav brands in no particular order are
al fakher
havana
layalina
starbuzz

QUOTE (smokestar)
IM FAIRLY NEW TO THE SHISHA BRANDS.. WHICH BRAND SHOULD I BUY FOR A CHRISTMAS PARTY IM HAVING.?? ANY SUGGESTIONS.??

Check out this topic bud http://hookahforum.com/what-tobacco-will-y...cked-t6423.html

As for the topic of this thread, I think "premium" brands are ones that have a higher cut of tobacco ie less stems and more leaves, and have just found a combination of ingredients that provide a long lasting and tasty smoke. It might not be that the tobacco costs more to make as much as it is the manufacture knowing they have a good product and charging for it.

Being fairly new to hookah myself, I find that I enjoy starbuzz. Even thought it's a "washed" brand, I have a relatively low tolerance to nicotein and I find myself a getting a mild buzz with a session that's flavorful and smokes well for an hour +.

And I my after nine is coming in the mail today. Can't wait to try it! biggrin.gif