the hookah buzz??

Hey ztephen & welcome to the Forum biggrin.gif

Lots of people get this buzz. IT's from the nicotine.

If it's unpleasant and/or unwanted then try switching the brand of tobacco you use.

Stuff like Nahkla is 'unwashed' and contained 0.5% Nictoine. Other's are 'washed' and contain 0.05% (Al Fakher for example)

However you could also move to 'tobacco free' (IE:Soex) However there is much divided opinion on this.

Depending on how much you smoke you will eventually get used to it and it will pass.

Good luck!

JD

When I first started hanging out on this forum was when I learned that some people actually get a buzz from smoking the nargile....

I never got a buzz from hookah that I associated with tobacco. I tend to smoke cigarettes off and on..... as well as smoke a pipe and cigar here and there..... so I suppose my nic level stays up to the point when I smoke hookah, I dont get a nicotine shock. (woozy feeling).

I do get a into a very relaxed state from smoking the hookah...... I assume its probably from O2 deprivation... who knows.

Yea, I get a buzz even from washed...nicotine helps, but yea, I attribute it to the O2 depravation, especially if I'm inhaling deep. With the right amount of blood alcohol content, it can be pretty potent!

QUOTE (jonny_lech)
Yea, I get a buzz even from washed...nicotine helps, but yea, I attribute it to the O2 depravation, especially if I'm inhaling deep. With the right amount of blood alcohol content, it can be pretty potent!

That's what I credit most of my buzzes to (oxygen deprivation)

QUOTE (jonny_lech)

I thought the 3, 4, and 5 vodka shots would help out with the buzz. :shock:

QUOTE (ztephen)
assuming cigs have more nicotine, i didn't even get a buzz from a few of those hmm....

I can't even finish a whole bowl by myself,  can most of you guys finish a whole one by urselves?

What kind of coals are you using Zstephen? I've noticed a few people actually getting dizzy and a sick feeling when smoking for only a few mins. The culprit is usually crappy coals or odd bowl setups. I usually don't have any problems going through a whole bowl.

Not really crappy coals for the sickness. Some people just cant handle the nicotine, and also a factor in the dizzy/sick feeling is the lack of oxygen to your brain. If you smoke too hard to fast your depriving your brain of oxygen, which can cause dizziness, and even a sick feeling.

As for just nicotine buzz in general, if it gets too bad drink some sugar water, and eat some candy, or anything high in sugar. The nicotine causes a drop in your blood sugar level and also blood pressure.

QUOTE (EvansLight)
Not really crappy coals for the sickness. Some people just cant handle the nicotine, and also a factor in the dizzy/sick feeling is the lack of oxygen to your brain. If you smoke too hard to fast your depriving your brain of oxygen, which can cause dizziness, and even a sick feeling.  

As for just nicotine buzz in general, if it gets too bad drink some sugar water, and eat some candy, or anything high in sugar. The nicotine causes a drop in your blood sugar level and also blood pressure.

I actually experienced this yesterday. Me and my friends went to smoke mint flavor at a hookah bar. they all got sick. I was fine at that time, so i ended up finishing it by myself for the last 10 minutes or so. just inhaling it constantly, because they wanted to leave. After I got into the car, I got the biggest headache of my life (maybe this was because i havnt had much sleep lately, been studying really hard, havnt ate much lately. and the hookah probably killed me). i ended up throwing up 4-5 times that night. it was really bad. it gave me a different view on smoking hookah. i never wanted to smoke hookah again. sad.gif. we'll see though. hopefully, you guys can convince me that it was just me and the lack of oxygen. cause i really want to buy a hookah and smoke again. but i dont want to experience anything like that ever again. also, if i do, i will try the eating sugar trick.

@ lilotaku: Same with me. I can't hardly ever finish an entire bowl by myself and I pretty much always smoke alone lately but no matter what I can hardly ever finish a single bowl when I smoke alone. If there is two people smoking one single bowl hardly seems to ever be enough though.

For me, I can get a very nice and deep buzz from the unwashed brands of tobacco but from the ones that are washed like Al Amir... I never get a high feeling from them. Sometimes the nicotine high isn't at all too pleasant at all and sometimes it is very nice. *nods*

Nour Finger coals are good coals. I use them when i run out of my regular coals i use. Just make sure that they are fully glowing when you use them(have a coat of white ash). I've noticed they put off a very slight odor/taste if you use them to early.

QUOTE (lilotaku)
Evanslight, he did mention that a few cigarettes don't phaze him, so i'm pretty much ruling out nicotine.  In most cases if its not the nicotine,  its usually the coals or bowl setup..

Well not entirely true. If hes smoking unwashed, hes getting a good does of nicotine, and because its easier to inhale hookah smoke, you tend to inhale more smoke, and some hold it in longer and inhale extra air, meaning it gives there lungs more nicotine to absorb, and more time to absorb it. Just because a few ciggs dont hurt em doesnt mean its something other than nicotine. A strong does of nicotine combined with lack of oxygen could cause his problems.

Yes it could be the coals but only if hes inhaling the fumes from lighting the gunpowder discs or using bbq coals. It could be a multitude of things, but its usually nicotine thats the culprit, even for a cigg smoker.

Respect! If you sit there, puffing on the hookah continuously taking huge hits, you are asking to get your ass pounded...either by nicotine or oxygen deprivation or both. If you smoke a little more moderately, you'll probably be fine. Its not the tobaccos fault...just change how you're smoking it.