Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Skimo

Ooooo I really hope that I can get my mits on a cheap Xbox 360 tomarrow on the Black Friday sale. The local record store here is gonna be selling them for $400.00 an email they sent me said... but I wonder if that is the good version of it... I don't want the basic model that doesn't even have a hard drive or anything... right now aren't the basic models already about 400? Ooooo I hope that I can get my mits on one really bad now just having thought about that alittle more... it has to be a good version of the system then *pats his feet in excitement*

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE. Basic models are ALREADY $300 and the premium is already $400! Lol, You just need to go to a store offering deals with it, like lately, Target has bee doing a week were they'll give you a $50 gift card with it or at the two day sale Friday, you can get one with $25 gift card and a game, I think like rainbow 6 or something, can't remember. Amazon is doing a sale today on a super cheap Xbox, I hope I can get back home in time to get it!

damn... didn't know thoes were the prices already... that aint bad at all. I wonder if I am just remembering the wrong price of what the email said... wouldent doubt it if that is the case. either way I hope to get a copy of the higher end Xbox 360 tomarrow... but fear that I wont for some reason... either way I will see. It's all I plan on shopping for, tha goods.

Well ive finaly got to see the PS3 in action...and Im disapointed. MAJOR framerate drops while rendering a 360 quality game. I saw it on two different PS3's. Now Ive heard about a firmware update coming from sony so that MAY fix it. Either that or updated drivers, but seriously....600 bucks to get the same performance of a 360? 360 has Xbox live, PS3 doesnt. Id rather keep my 360...atleast for now.

But it also just came out, I expected their to be a lot of problems with the first gens. Somebody was telling me that they over heat way to easily and a lot of them crashed. I just saw Rainbow 6 Las Vegas for 360 yesterday on my lunch break, I really want one now haha. How much different are the basic from premium 360's?

QUOTE (entrailsgalore)
Well ive finaly got to see the PS3 in action...and Im disapointed. MAJOR framerate drops while rendering a 360 quality game. I saw it on two different PS3's. Now Ive heard about a firmware update coming from sony so that MAY fix it. Either that or updated drivers, but seriously....600 bucks to get the same performance of a 360? 360 has Xbox live, PS3 doesnt. Id rather keep my 360...atleast for now.

did you see the PS3 Display? if so, then you have seen nothing. Its not even the retail verison of the console itself. Granted we have one at (CC) and it sucks ass, when i look at it. When i play mine my graphics and friends agreed with me that the demo's graphics on game play is what they should be.

got a question: when setting up my 360 I came across the 2 year protection plan... I want to get it of course but do not have any more spending money now that I blew it all on the 360 itself and with rent coming up next week... but I want to be safe with my system. I of course don't have full trust that the system might not break down on me for no reason really so what I wanted to know... if my system messes up with some type of error will Microsoft replace it for me for free without sending them even more money just to sign up for the 2 year plan or whatever to protect my system?

the warranty doesn't end when you ship it off. What happens is say as an example, you had the 360 for 4months (and you have a 2year plan) It screws up, you send it in and get it fixed (which means you get another one free). Say a year goes down the road and it breaks again. The plan still covers you untill your 2 year period is over. Thats why i like the plan and purchased it for my PS3

I have only seen DEMO versions of it. But I dont see what is different, they both have the same cell chip probably clocked at teh same speeds. The DEMO version should be demonstrating how well the PS3 render's 3d environments, but looking at the DEMO verison I did not see that. I see framerate drops on my PC ( which is running a 3000 and a 6800 clocked at 400/768) and I saw framerate drops on the PS3. Granted you could be correct, that the retail version runs alot better. But From what I have seen so far, there is nothing gain other than blu ray disc, from buying a PS3.

Im A PC gamer so all my money gets spent on building new machines. But the only console I will probably stick with will be the 360. Im happy with 3 symmetrical procc over a cell chip.

man, I just bought my XBox360 a week ago and have only played it a few times and only for about 30 minutes to an hour at a time but just today when I went to play it I got an error message! I hate bullshit like that! The system has been out for well long enough now and still after just having bought one it's obvious that there are still faulty 360s swarming the market. Such bullshit. I am defenantly gonna sign up for the protection plan on it as soon as I got the spare money because I have a strong feeling that I am gonna be needing it.

Which error message do you get?

Well both of my 360's funtion fine ( fortunately) But There will always be faulty hardware weatehr its the xbox, PS3, or Wii. That happens ALL the time with PC hardware, youll buy anew CPU or MoBo, and your shit doesnt work. Or your Vram is toasted when you try to run a game for the first time. I suggest you get the protection plan, otehrwise youre gonna be buying more hardware.

this debate has been goin thru my mind ever since the next wave of consoles were announced. my obvious main choice was a wii, i mean campin out for 14 hours is sayin somethin on top of that i been a nintendo fanboy since i was 5. between the 360 and ps3, i used to think the 360 was a joke but as of late i have been very impressed and almost want to go out and get one. the ps3, although havin an insane amount of problems, lackluster launch titles, and a crazy price tag, i am also excited about. i plan on getting one in about a year or so when the demand isnt so high and all the kinks have been worked out.

by the looks of it and if ps2/xbox generation had anything to say, a lot of the same games are gonna be released for both systems and what wins me over are the ps3 exclusive titles such as metal gear solid 4 and more importantly final fantasy 13. ideally id own all 3, but when it comes down 2 it, the 360 would collect more dust than be used, not so much cuz its a bad system, but because of the type of gamer i am. heck i just bought a wii and i got back from skool 2day with sega genesis collection for ps2 and thats gonna take away time from twighlight princess. ima wierd nostalgic gamer like that

QUOTE (entrailsgalore)
I have only seen DEMO versions of it. But I dont see what is different, they both have the same cell chip probably clocked at teh same speeds. The DEMO version should be demonstrating how well the PS3 render's 3d environments, but looking at the DEMO verison I did not see that. I see framerate drops on my PC ( which is running a 3000 and a 6800 clocked at 400/768) and I saw framerate drops on  the PS3. Granted you could be correct, that the retail version runs alot better. But From what I have seen so far, there is nothing  gain other than blu ray disc, from buying a PS3.  

Im A PC gamer so all my money gets spent on building new machines. But the only console I will probably stick with will be the 360. Im happy with 3 symmetrical procc over a cell chip.

the DEMO PS3 is freaking gay...i have motor storm and i've never had frame drops at all...the demo they show is just a waste.

All I have to say is that the Wii is AWESOME. Got mine Friday and haven't stopped playing. It's so much fun. My arm is actually sore from playing the bowling game so much. To all the people crying that they let go of the remote and the strap busted and their TV broke- Bullshit. Don't let go of the controller. NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (DrunkenWizard)
All I have to say is that the Wii is AWESOME.  Got mine Friday and haven't stopped playing.  It's so much fun.  My arm is actually sore from playing the bowling game so much.  To all the people crying that they let go of the remote and the strap busted and their TV broke-  Bullshit.  Don't let go of the controller.  NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

ever heard of an accident? controller slipping? and strap breaking? those links i posted before are ACTUAL events. And whos crying? Would you cry if your controller hit your tv? i know i would.