D/FW Hookah Party: The End... Or Is It :D **MEGATHREAD**

My lungs did not bother me a bit. The Shinerbock is for medicinal purposes because it offsets any effects the hookah has. Sometimes Shiner gets jealous and makes me drop coals and shit so it has it's own side effects I guess ;)
I was just extremely worn out though as well. It was mostly Starbuzz we smoked. Everyone was in agreemant that it would have been unwashed shisha we would have never made it that long. I could not believe how flavorful that shit was. And when Ali showed us how little was in the bowl we were pretty astonished as well. There was probably only about 10 grams per bowl and the bowls were lasting a very long time. I was losing track of time but I know they were lasting over a couple of hours each.

At the lounge there was one bowl that was the first brought out and I think the last one still smoking. I have NO idea how that worked but the bowl went on forever!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scalliwag']My lungs did not bother me a bit. The Shinerbock is for medicinal purposes because it offsets any effects the hookah has. Sometimes Shiner gets jealous and makes me drop coals and shit so it has it's own side effects I guess ;)
I was just extremely worn out though as well. It was mostly Starbuzz we smoked. Everyone was in agreemant that it would have been unwashed shisha we would have never made it that long. I could not believe how flavorful that shit was. And when Ali showed us how little was in the bowl we were pretty astonished as well. There was probably only about 10 grams per bowl and the bowls were lasting a very long time. I was losing track of time but I know they were lasting over a couple of hours each.

At the lounge there was one bowl that was the first brought out and I think the last one still smoking. I have NO idea how that worked but the bowl went on forever!!![/quote]

Yeah, that Starbuzz is some good stuff. We actually got a good two hours out of a bowl last night. It really does pay for itself. Speaking of the Shinerbrock, I think that's what got me, haha. I'm not used to drinking that much when I smoke. But hey, the fatigue and all was WELL worth it!!

[quote name='No Show']MMMMMM....Shiner...I had a pitcher of that by myself the other night at Movie Tavern while seeing SAW 3...good shit[/quote]

Hell yes!!! I LOVE the movie tavern!!! Ms. Scalli drinks those blue margarita looking things and I get a pitcher by myself and have them bring out a ziplock bag of ice. The trick there is do not ask for the bag of ice until after they bring the pitcher. That way you get more beer. I get the pitcher and pour my first mug while they go back and get the ice.
They put in the bag of ice and the pitcher is back to the top. :)
Otherwise it's like giving up a mug for a bag of ice. :(

HAHA!! Thats exactly what Mrs. Show was drinking friday night! lol

Dude...that ice idea is friggin GENIOUS! i'm sooo using that next time i go up there! Generally the beer doesnt have a chance to get warm when i'm drinkin...but having it ice cold all the way through would be badass!!!

[quote name='No Show']HAHA!! Thats exactly what Mrs. Show was drinking friday night!  lol  

Dude...that ice idea is friggin GENIOUS! i'm sooo using that next time i go up there!  Generally the beer doesnt have a chance to get warm when i'm drinkin...but having it ice cold all the way through would be badass!!![/quote]

HAHA!!! I don't give it much time either but the colder the better!!! Ya know what? There is one in Bedford. We could meet up there sometime for a movie and some Shiner and then trek 5 miles over to Heat lounge for Hookah and Shiner. Ms. Scalli and Mrs. Show will probably get along because the one thing that they are guaranteed to have in common, is talking trash about us.

Ms. Scalli: "Does Mr. Show love his Hookahs more than you TOO?"
Mrs. Show "Mr. Scalli is an asshole too?"
Ms. Scalli "Why yes he is quite the bastage!"

From there it goes downhill with each trying to out-do the other over who can lay claim to having the worst bastage hubby :(
But I usually win! :)
Oh, I am gonna make a thread for the tasting thing they have going on at Heat on Friday. I just have to get all the details from Amid.

lol Yeah thats how i got the name...once i moved out to the Aledo area and started a family i dont get out often so all the guys in the local metal scene that i used to always hango out with dubbed me No Show...and its just kinda stuck..lol

well ill have the pics all ready today, and ill start working on the site for the next meet soon. But theres a problem, im broke and dont have money to buy the domain name XD

So what domain name should we buy, and also whos gonna buy it :P

[quote name='EvansLight']well ill have the pics all ready today, and ill start working on the site for the next meet soon. But theres a problem, im broke and dont have money to buy the domain name XD

So what domain name should we buy, and also whos gonna buy it :P[/quote]

Well you know I bought Hookahwatch.com so that could be a pretty good multipurpose site

hmm we could. I was kinda thinking making one site on its own for anyone planning a party. Make it so that anyone wants to make a party in there area, they can have all the tools they need to do it. Kinda like clasifieds for hookah parties XD

We need a name for ourselves.

I mean.... we are sort of forming a regional club.... I mean. hell... talk is out not only about next year... but some folks are gonna end up meeting up at a lounge or whatnot informally from here on out.

We need leather jackets and patches.

[quote name='EvansLight']hmm we could. I was kinda thinking making one site on its own for anyone planning a party. Make it so that anyone wants to make a party in there area, they can have all the tools they need to do it. Kinda like clasifieds for hookah parties XD[/quote]

Well in a way it could work in step with the original concept for that site. Vendors and their products and people and their parties. Vendors benefit from the site because of the obvious and people planning parties, lounges etc. could all go through forms to put the neccesary info.
Vendors could see who is throwing what and where and offer to sponsor events.
Party Search- Product Search- Vendor Search. Have like a "Party Planner" that sets up it's own forms for participant registration that they can register on the site and then to the parties etc., Vendor and lounge registrations and where people can subscribe to receive emails when favorite vendors add new products and have sale items.
Or even notify them if and when a specific product goes on sale that meets a specific price and shipping cost criteria.
So if you want a QT for $50 shipped you will be notified if indeed hell does freeze over.
Have a feature where registered vendors could view what people are searching for etc.

You are buried with Scott's website and all but I have a lot of ideas we can go over when we get back to this. But I do see it as being able to work for lots of things hookah related.

[quote name='Lakemonster']We need a name for ourselves.

I mean.... we are sort of forming a regional club.... I mean. hell... talk is out not only about next year... but some folks are gonna end up meeting up at a lounge or whatnot informally from here on out.

We need leather jackets and patches.[/quote]

Someone had made a Yahoo Group that was like DFW Hookah Group or something. We could have DFW Hookah Club or we could expand it to be the Southwest Hookah Club and then have smaller groups within. Then just have local parties, get togethers on reg basis for people near each other and a regional meet each year?

[quote name='Lakemonster']or these..........  

[img]http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/leopard-fez.jpg[/img]

and embroider stuff on them and we would look like Shiners... er Shriners....

ok.. I had to dump a pun in there.[/quote]

Haha! You could make that hat look more like a vase and make a stem and bowl on top of it kinda like a stuffed toy. Have a little hose danglin.... Call ourselves the "Hookah-heads"!!!

I have a contact that owns an embroidery shop in Dallas. :-)

As for a group name, how about something that sounds like a secret society? I think it would be hysterical for twenty people in matching fez to show up for a party under the name "The Exhalted Order of the Golden Shisha" (or something equally ridiculous.)

Just a thought.

[quote name='Pieces']Amid should sign up here and he could post for any event stuff they might have going on!

Oh, sorry about the name thing Nick. I knew it was something like that, but brain farts got in the way.[/quote]

ill let it slip this time but you know you still owe me... we should definately go with the fez hats it makes us look more distinguished.