HELP !!! Any Sheesha in Melbourne

New in Melbourne after 11 years living in Middle East where I had a sheesha every week. IS there any places in melbourne where you can go and just sit down in the day and ordr a sheesha and a cup of tea:) I miss that soooo much and I hope someone can help me ASAP. I ahve not had one for 3 months and would love to sit in cafe and puff away on one again with a book :)
Help please
Rob

Hey buddy i got some friends who had a smoke in a Hookah bar in melbz.

Ill get the name off them tonight.

The place may sell stuff.

Otherwise u gotta come pay me a visit up in friendly ol' sydney.

Great to get some replies so quickly. I will look forward to hearing back form the guy whoi had soem friends in melbourne who hadone here. I do have my own pipe I bought back from Kuwait but i just wnat to go to a place to smoke it and have a bit of atmospehre:) Thanks again fellow Hookah smokers:)
Rob

yea i know what u mean, smoking at home is good but its nice to go out to a restraunt and do it i dunno why but when ever i go to one of those restraunts all the arab guys mostly the 20 year olds always give me crap saying i shouldnt be doing it coz it "thier thing"
guess they just dont like 6 foot 8 white guys doing it :s

[quote name='evlspcmk']yea i know what u mean, smoking at home is good but its nice to go out to a restraunt and do it i dunno why but when ever i go to one of those restraunts all the arab guys mostly the 20 year  olds always give me crap saying i shouldnt be doing it coz it "thier thing"  
guess they just dont like 6 foot 8 white guys doing it :s[/quote]

I'm not surprised, with an attitude like "6 foot 8 white guys doing it". :roll:

[quote name='evlspcmk']yea i know what u mean, smoking at home is good but its nice to go out to a restraunt and do it i dunno why but when ever i go to one of those restraunts all the arab guys mostly the 20 year  olds always give me crap saying i shouldnt be doing it coz it "thier thing"  
guess they just dont like 6 foot 8 white guys doing it :s[/quote]

Depends tho. one night at my cafe`,which is a pretty classy joint, this group of guys came in drunk and started having 'who can take the longest drag' competitions. Suffice to say that they were ruining everyones atmosphere

Now I'm not saying thats the case with you but sometimes what looks like discrimination in a hookah cafe` is people being harassed because of their lack of respect for the concept.

I sms'd my mate a week ago askin if he remembered the name but he didnt.

Ill quiz him to get the adress out of him, i didnt wanna post without results, but ill keep tryin for ya.

• 2 months later...
Marhaba Habeeb

I am also from Melbourne smile.gif

Cafe Coco is not too bad, Abu Ziad makes an excellent Argileh.

There also is Sahara Nights on Lygon St (not far from the corner of Lygon and Brunswich Streets) it is a few shops away from Rumi's Middle Eastern Cuisine Restaurant.

There is also Ya Leil Ya Ain also known as Milan's but last I heard that shut down (was also on Lygon St above Milan Cafe).

Sydney Rd Coburg also has Efem Cafe (a Turkish Narjileh Cafe), there is also one at Broadmeadows Shopping Center near the Youth Area in Broadmeadows (Turkish) and also Al-Basha Cafe (Iraqi/Lebanese) in Olsen Place Broadmeadows on Widford St, Broadmeadows.

Here is another that I only recently found that I have been looking for a while for.

Alumbra

With its ornate carvings, designs and the gentle smell of incense, Alumbra has a distinctive Middle Eastern look and feel. Its Balinese and Moroccan inspired features including sheesha water pipes with flavoured tobacco, are all housed in a historic 1882 wharf shed making it Melbourne's most alluring waterfront cocktail bar.

http://www.alumbra.com.au/ Edited by Ya-Salam

• 2 months later...
HEY! im having a party soon and i need hookah asap... does anyone know where i can buy a hookah, ( IN MELBOURNE) shisha, tobbacco and all the supplies i will need to make it a great night??
thanks! biggrin.gif

Hello Rob,

I highly recommend Café Coco. Charges: $10 per session

573 North Sydney Rd, Brunswick, VIC, Tel: +61 3 9387 6322

Lisa,

Try Café Coco. They have everything you'll need. If they are don't have what you're looking for, try the Lebanese store a couple of doors down.