Bubble’s reviews of the Al Amir samples

Well, the sinus infection is still rocking, but after popping some Sudafed, I feels lioke I can do a review on some of these. I closed my eyes, reached in the box and extracted.........Drum roll, Paul.............Tripple Apple. The Gods favor me tonight!
Standard Al Amir cut. The sauce is plenty, and I keep thinking about what nerv said about his hands looking like he slaughtered a rodent. Wonder description there. Reminds me of the story my mom used to tell me about her and her sister trying to skin a mouse when they were young. Has me rolling every time I think about it. The smell brought back memories of something....Something like cough syrup!
Road Test: The taste is anything other than cough syrup. The taste isn't quite appley enough to be called Tripple Apple. However, during the first few minutes I detected a little sour in there. There still is. Remember, I'm not running at full capacity tonight, but I do taste apple and I still am getting a hint of sour when I draw in through the hose with the shot directly at my tongue. Not quite worthy enough to be labled Tripple Apple, but darned worthy to replace a lot of "premium" standard apple flavors. I'm a picky little B!tch when it comes to apple shisha. I don't know why some others have given this such a lousy review. But, most don't like my favorite apple brand either. So, the review ratings using emoticons:
Flavor:  This is about as yummy as the "premium" apples get. I think I'm detecting 2 different apples here: a sweet wad of goo (like most premiums) and a slightly sour one (but not quite an escanarany apple). Oh, before I forget to mention it, this does not share any characteristics of a "double apple." You don't have the licorice lung blast. Just sweet with a little bit of sour while it's going in across the tongue.
Smoke Density: Very "silky" looking. Not the thickest, but way above average. I cannot find fault with it. There is just a look about it that is different from others. That's why I refered to it as silky.
Buzz Factor: I've got a secret: there just isn't too much of one. I do feel a relaxing sensation though. Mission accomplished.
Nose Hitability: I am able to achive good airflow though the nose. It's the cavities that are gacked up, so I am able to test the nose-hit. It has a wonderful flavor smoke this way. The only problem is there are no carpet tacks. No burn to make it interesting. Compare it to training wheels.
Bottom Line: Yes, it is quite yummy, wothy to be called a "premium" apple, but I don't agree with the "Tripple Apple" name. Very sweet with a slight sour tinge. After I have been smoking this for a while now, I'm beginning to get a slight licorice taste in the back of the throat, but nothing like a standard double apple. A new and wonderful take on apples.
MR Bubble

the apple tastes like a watered down sour apple blow pop to me, it had
a little sour but also plenty of sweet, so far all of these new flavors
are very sweet and dont taste like the fruit so much as they taste like
candy based on said fruit

White Grape
The cut is fine, though somewhat less so than other Al Amir types. It is a dark brown tobacco, as opposed to all the others in the pack which are bright red. Not saucy, no rodent entrails on my fingers, smell not overpowering out of the pack.
The taste is nice, a little more subtle than the Al Amir Grape George sent last time, a different taste as well, perhaps more like a white wine. I enjoy it very much. 8.5/10
The smoke is very dense and thick, even now about 45 minutes into the bowl. Smoke rings abound. Extremely smooth smoke like all of Al Amir's fare.
No buzz at all, not surprising.
Nose hit for Bubble: Very tasty,  a little bite to it, I'm breathing clear now.
Bottom line: Definitely a massel I would purchase, a solid smoke.

Tonight I pulled out the Strawberry-Kiwi, or Kiwi-Strawberry. No review on it tonight because I'm just having too much fun smoking it. Nerv is right: the flavors are kind of weak in one way, but in another it is really good stuff. I'll splain later Lucy
Cheers for now,
MR Bubble

I guess I'm ready to do a review on the Al Amir Strawberry-Kiwi, or Kiwi-Strawberry. I have a memory problem with those kind of details.
Standard Al-Amir cut and sauce, as well as the colour. The smell is a very powerful fruity smell. It is the same smell as Al-Amir strawberry, which has a very accurate strawberry smell. The "grit" someone previously mentioned was present and I investigated further and found it to not be microscopic pieces of tobacco. I licked my fingers (this is yummy!) and discovered the crunchy sensation of the so-called grit melted away, leaving me to suspect that it is sugar. I don't know if it's from the juice they use or the honey/molasses (circle the appropriate ingredient).
Flavor: No real complaints. The first night I smoked it I was in awe with how the flavor of the sauce can be so strong and the flavor of smoking it can be so marginal. However, due to my senses being less cloudy (I'm feeling better) I am getting more flavor out of it tonight. Still, it is not on par with other brands in this department. However, When the shot of smoke is directed at the tongue it creates a deadly torrent of saliva escaping from around the hose tip. Still, not what I expected having smoked other Al-Amir products. After an inhale, I decided to close my mouth and blow out the nose. Different flavor now. It actually resembles Nakhla strawberry that is FRESH. That's a good thing.
Smoke Density: Very well. Same thick (not the thickest though) "silky" smoke. Causes a moderate "white-out" condition across the keyboard.
Buzz Factor: Well, to make a positive from a negative: I have a slight relaxed feeling. That's all I'll say.
Nose-Hitability:[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley24.gif[/img] 1-1/2 carpet tacks. Not too bad I guess after having some that rated a zero. Just enough bite to let you know you're doing something weird.
In a nut-roll: Nothing to shout about. However, good enough to smoke again tonight for the review instead of just moving on to another. This is good for those who smoke to be smoking and don't want too much sweetness. You can get a good taste of the tobacco with only a sufficient hint of the intended flavor. I still have not found out why this has recieved all the nagative remarks from others. I taste the strawberry and I imagine the kiwi is what makes it a little more sweet than regular strawberry. Ripe kiwis tend to be too sweet. My real complaint would be with two flavors mixed, there is not enough separation of the two to make it interesting. I think mixes should be interesting enough to keep the smoker guessing enough to keep the said guesser smoking bowl after bowl (like Al Waha 5-star mix.)
Until next time,
MR Bubble

Oh, before I forget. The other night after I smoked the Kiwi-strawberry stuff, I loaded a bowl of Nakhla apple. After smoking the Al Amir mix, it left a sweet residue in my hose that transferred to the Nakhla apple. Imagine Nakhla apple with a splash of added appley sweet thrown in. This was just too good. I may go so far as mixing a small pinch (just a hint) of the Al Amir tripple apple in my Nakhla apple to see what happens.
MR Bubble

Saturday night and you guys are all dead. Am I the only one smoking these samples lately? Tonight is watermelon night here at the House-O-Bubble. Al Amir Watermelon that is.
The first thing that struck me as being odd is the cut of this particular sample. There is the fine sugary grit, but it had logs for soup bones in it and the overall cut was like Nakhla. Odd from this company that usually cuts it almost too fine. I picked out a strip of leaf that was 6+ inches long. And at about 1/4 inch wide, I'd say something is wrong with this batch. The smell had nothing to do with watermelon and the taste of the sauce had even less to do with it. It reminded me of strawberries. So, let's smoke, okay?
Flavor:. You have got to be joking, right? Watermelon? Well, to be honest and fair, behind all the sweet wad of goo taste, there is the slightest hint of some type of melon. I wouldn't go so far as calling it watermelon. Also, it is a sickly taste that makes me glad I didn't do any drinking tonight. Reminds me of my expired batch of Nakhla sweet melon after I've been drinking and smoking with strawberry contaminated water. I will some my old expired Nakhla over this one any time. It at least tastes like melons and has interesting tobacco undertones to it.
Buzz: C'mon guys, give me a break. Ha-ha-ha. Feels like I saddled up at the Kool-Aid bar.
Nose-Hitability:  Five consecutive nose-hits and I fail to even be interested in it. Ever fall asleep with a hose in your nose?
Smoke density: Well now, we seem to find something good here. Standard Al Amir smoke. This is good.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Buzz Factor: It has a delayed effect. It seems a little more out of control sloppy than standard Al Amir. Not very strong, but more than just relaxing.
Final thoughts: Al Amir really let me down with this one. Generally I have been a fan of this young company, and even forgiving for the weak flavors I have been tasting lately. I'm almost certain they will improve some of them. If you have tasted their grape and strawberry, you would know why I have hope for them. This Watermelon mess is just not one I would be willing to try again, unless I'm after the slightly sloppy buzz and the nice smoke density. Why should I? I have so many others that do it for me. The sweetness is not really strong, and it is just a wad of goo with a slight "somethingmelon" background hint. Next time I'll just eat a Jolly Rancher and smoke a bowl of Nakhla Melon.
Bummed Out in Louisiana,
MR Bubble