Brewing

KnightHawk63

Well for my birthday I got a Mr. Beer Home Brewing kit from my Mom. It's the Gold Edition thats like $45 bucks free shipping on Amazon, definitely a good deal I think. It came with two starter batches, Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner (safe to assume it will be like Stella Artois) and Aztec Mexican Cerveza (Corona, Modelo, Sol). I already have the Pilsner in the keg fermenting, going to leave it in for a good two weeks before moving it to carbonation stage for another 2 weeks then chilling for 2 weeks. Does anyone else do homebrewing? I can't wait to see how mine is going to turn out :)

I've been thinking about giving it a shot this winter before the holidays for a couple reasons:  1)  I love to cook so brewing is a natural addition;  and 2) I'm getting sick and tired of buy artisan beer that is expensive as heck and often mediocre.  Figure I can give it a shot myself and do a better job at a much cheaper price per bottle.

'Rani

I did the Mr. Beer kit a couple times but I have been thinking of moving up to a more little more serious kit sometime this winter. I have a few friends that do it and am hoping to get some tips from them.