Cola

jaker29902

Romman Cola

Setup: 22" Nile Egyptian Hookah, ice water, and base chilled before smoking, Golden Coal quicklites

Smell: Smelled like you would expect rootbeer powder with a dash of cinamon(sp?) to smell like. However a friend described it as smelling like the old style cola flavored hard candied, I wouldnt know

Taste: Taste almost just like it smells, delicious btw, even when it got semi-burnt it was hard to tell wink.gif, it was that good
-
Smoke: Had some problems with my autoseal system, so it took me a minute, but I eventually added my windcover, amazingly thick clouds, however the taste of the shisha was prevelant and noticeable even when I was getting very wispy smoke

Buzz: for me, kinda heavy, although I may not have gotten enough oxygen to my brain biggrin.gif

Overall: 9.5/10 took a while for me to get the right smoke consistently but otherwise, pretty sweet

• 2 months later...
Romman Cola

Cut: Thin, wide strips, very few stems

Smell: Similar to Al Waha cola, but stronger and sweeter

Taste: Tastes a lot like cola, but got a little too strong

Smoke: Massive, as always with romman

Buzz: I got a little buzz, but nothing special.

Overall: 7/10 I'm not going to get this again, but I will keep what I have and try mixing it with other things. I find I like the Al Waha Cola better, but this will be awesome for mixing with something; don't know what yet.

• 4 weeks later...
Romman Cola

Setup

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Standard glazed clay bowl
Coal: 1.5 Golden Quicklights
Hose: 72" Leather Mya
Screen/Foil: Screen w/ windcover
Liquid: Water w/ ice

Tobacco

Cut: Medium to short
Colour: Dark brown
Texture: Moist, slightly wetter then Nakhla
Smell: Somewhat sugar like smell, slight licorice smell as well; My friend said it smells like cola candies
Flavour: Noticeable cola candy taste, very nice
Smoke: Thick
Duration: 2h
Buzz: Strong

Overall: 8.5/10 Edited by .ryan

• 5 months later...
ROMMAN COLA

Hardware: Mya Paragon, Mya hoses & standard bowl, Argeelah foil, lemonwood coal

Base Liquid: Cold distilled water

Cut: Uniform medium-to-fine cut. Dark golden brown. A few pieces of chaff. Somewhat sticky.

Aroma: Nice sweet cola smell -- like Pepsi. Noticeable aroma of cinnamon and vanilla.

Taste: The flavor was tangy and citrusy -- like lemongrass and sweet iced tea. I liked it, but I wish more of the wonderful cola aroma came through in the taste. I'm thinking about testing a blend of 1 part of Romman Cola mixed with 1/2 part vanilla and 1/2 part cinnamon.

Smoke: Above average

Buzz: Moderate to strong

Duration: 60 minutes

Overall: 7.5/10

• 4 weeks later...
Romman Cola

Hardware: 25" Mya Saray Staff (hookah-shisha.com).
Bowl: MNH glass funnel w/glass Scalli mod. Wind cover used for added heat. Covered in normal Reynolds Wrap foil.
Hose: Nammor Hose.
Coals: one 40mm Golden Coals tablet.
Liquid: Ice water.

Shisha Impressions.

Cut and Consistency: VERY DISAPPOINTED.
After opening the 50g box and mixing up the shisha a bit, I found 6 LARGE stem pieces. The cut was inconsistent as well. Some large pieces and some very fine, almost ground up pieces. On the contrary, it was quite juicy though.

Smell:
Traditional Cola smell. Not much like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, but spice like. Quite possibly a natural spice cola flavor. Hints of cinnamon. Very pleasant and enticing, yet a little odd.

Flavor while smoking: Very much like the smell of the shisha. Long after taste. Very hard to tell if the shisha is burning or not. I added some extra coals to the first bowl to burn a little bit on purpose to get an idea of what to expect. Hard to tell a difference in flavor, but the smoke became extremely harsh, comparable to cheap cigarette smoke.

Smoke: After experimenting with placement and amount of coals, I was able to get good smoke out of it. All the other kinds of Romman I have tried were very wispy, but these were smoked out a stock Mya bowl as well. The glass funnel from MNH seems to heat a little more evenly and produce more smoke. Conclusion; decently thick with the right amount of heat. Not comparable to other brands I have smoked though, such as Starbuzz or even Fantasia.

Session: Despite the intriguing flavor, I can't say I'm overly impressed, nor am I displeased. I have been smoking for about 45 minutes now, and the smoke is just as thick as when I started. Smoke becomes harsh easily, so I had to play around with the coals a lot, which took away from the enjoyment. I received this tobacco free the Leila Portable hookah I just purchased from Hookah-Shisha. I would not order this tobacco again though.

Overall: 5/10. Flavor is ok, was hoping for more of a soda pop type cola. Was a hassle to get good smoke. The amount of stems was ludicrous for a premium tobacco.

• 4 months later...
Romman Cola

Hookah:
Mya QT
Bowl: Qt bowl
Screen/Foil: foil
Hose: QT hose
Coals: Quick lights
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very nice cut with little stems
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Smelt some what like coke but not completely
Taste: Sort of tasted like coke but something is missing
Smoke: Clouds where good
Buzz: Nice buzz after 2 hours
Duration: ~120 Minutes

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 8/10 Well not really something that I would always have in my stash and smoke a lot. The taste to me is something I dont really like. Its good but im not a coke person if you know what I mean. 8/10 because it was good quality and smoked very long but I prefer other flavors. Edited by AKA

• 3 months later...
Romman Cola

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Vortex
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Synthetic Leather Hose
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short, moist and slightly sticky, typical Romman
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey and Glycerin
Smell: Definitely a Cola Smell
Taste: Great Cola Taste, not like any specific cola, just a pure cola taste
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: Good
Duration: 1 Hours

Overall: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 This is a great cola taste. I love it. I am Dr Pepper man, but of all the cola shisha i have tried this is the one I will get if I want a cola shisha.