*computer* games

after reading the thread about board games i decided i wanted something like this, unfortunately, none of my friends are interested.can anyone suggest computer games that are fun? preferably not something like age of empires/RTS, and not FPS (cause i'm horrible at those ) but i guess anything else worth looking at is fair game... thanks!p.s. single player or a multiplayer element that is progressive, but doesnt take long to get into a game is preferable. i'm still recovering from a DAoC addiction and need something to prevent me from getting into WoW until Warhammer comes out.

hmm, well you know, i downloaded several emulators. its basically a program that runs similar to many console games (like NES, Sega Genesis, etc..). so if you had a super nintendo emulator, you could play super metroid. the legality of it is in the grey area, but it is one avenue.

Eh... I'm a Fps player mostly, but i love those games like age of empires too :D What else is there? :PActually, you know what DDR is? *Dance Dance Revolution* I pirated some software that is basically that for the computer... you can get the game pads and all, or just be like me and play with the arrows. That can be pretty addictive :D

battlefield1942 i can play that for hours online, apart from my pc is being tempremental recently.Need for speed most wanted - a great game to jsut fill time, doesn't require any effort to play so you can just cruise round.hitman silent assassin - if you're in a thinking stealthy/angry mood.Ye, also C&C yuri's revenge. thats goood.

Since it seems you like RPG's I recommend going for Diablo II and it's expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. It's an old game but definately very, very fun. For how old it is there are a surprising amount of people that play it and it can be had for cheap now. The game never gets old. I think I've had it for 5+ years and continue to play it.

Here are games I find fun, but keep in mind that I'm a girl, and I have a Mac:Diablo IIStarcraft (YES I STILL PLAY.)Neverwinter NightsDDR (but it comes with a feeling of shame)The Sims 2 (this does too)

[quote name='frontmanpb101']kingdom hearts 2 for ps2 is what i got from blockbuster the other night, and now i'm hooked!  i guess i should have mentioned xbox/ps2 games are fair to suggest also.[/quote] Hahaha... I watched that game be played by a hardcore friend from start to finish and played a bit... you can def. hit ALOT of gameplay hours with this game

• 3 weeks later...
isn't the warhammer MMO still in alpha? i'm hoping they will do a combat/grouping system at least similar to Daoc because i was in love with that in the early days of it. i played WOW and didnt really like the huge focus on raid content probably because my computer right now sucks and lags when there are more than 10'ish people on the screen.

• 4 weeks later...
D2LOD is a good game i used to be balla at that shit. now i just play my 360, oblivion is supost to be the best pc game out but i dont know about multiplayer, just buy a 360 and get some sweet games like the new tony hawk game that will be out. fight night round 2, madden, ping pong, saints row