"egyptian" Hookah Help

So i bought a new hookah today, the man told me that it was a egyptian hookah and it was only 40$ i couldnt let that slip by. He said that it was all stainless steel and this would be the last hookah i would need. I brought it home and then i discovered that the hookah has no ball bearings or grommets for the hookah hose. Is this a useless hookah? did i get ripped off.

The hookah isn't designed to have ball bearings in it. You're probably used to Chinese hookahs that have the bearing in them that makes it where no one has to plug the hose when they're not smoking. With this hookah, it's simply lacking that feature, and that's perfectly fine. Egyptians don't have auto-seal bearings. I actually prefer this method, because it still allows you to be able to purge if need be.

I wouldn't say it's the last hookah you'll ever need (looks like a generic Egyptian, not sure about the quality of it judging from pics), but it's definitely not a bad hookah by any means.

As for grommets, you can get some or make your own using damp strips of paper towel. He simply just didn't have the grommets for it.

Thankyou very much, i never realized how much of a amature i really am, your help was really helpful.
Another question though, say i only feel like using one hose because im home alone and i dont have friends over, would i have to cover the other opening? if so what do i have to cover it with?

Ehhh not exactly a good quality hookah but it should smoke decent for you. You need to plug the hose with your finger while the other person is taking a hit. Only myas come with check valves in the ports usually.

edit: get a rubber plug. You can get them from most vendors or even locally...[url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_rubber_stoppers_839_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_rubber_stoppers_839_prd1.htm[/url]

Yeah, that hookah looks pretty decent. Grommets and a hose port plug should be pretty easy to find online.

No worries!

Actually...that hookah probably does have a purge, as most Egyptian 2 hose hookahs do. I don't think the poster meant auto seal on this one like on Mya's and other Chinese hookahs.

If the bearing is just missing from the purge valve, I recommend that you go back and see if the guy has some laying around. If not, the good ol' 6mm airsoft BB will work well.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the idea's and suggestions guys, my hookah isn't missing a bearing. I've been smoking out of it and it works like a champ. To plug the other side, i went to a online vendor and a 99 cent plug had 21$ shipping on it. That was insane. So i went to my dollar store and i bought baby bottle nipple tops and i just plugged it with that. I know it sounds weird but it works really well and it really doesn't look that bad. =)