MYA hookah website. . .

Has anybody seen this --- their "normal everyday" hookahs are a about the same price as most better hookahs and are really high quality.  I like my 24" Bohemian glass and use it everyday.

[url="http://www.myasaray.com/home.asp"]http://www.myasaray.com/home.asp[/url]

Check out the $850 hand cut crystal hookahs.  

[quote name='Sean']Nerve man, they are teh same ones as hookah-shisha. 
But anyway.  That site has some absolutely awesom equipment.[/quote]

well they also obviously dont make the classic egyptian piece of crap i got, and i wasnt satisfied with their customer service

[quote name='NERV'][quote name='Sean']Nerve man, they are teh same ones as hookah-shisha. 
But anyway.  That site has some absolutely awesom equipment.[/quote]

well they also obviously dont make the classic egyptian piece of crap i got, and i wasnt satisfied with their customer service
[/quote]

I was referring to the Mod hookahs.  They are the exact same models made by the exact same company.  MYA

• 1 month later...
[quote name='mb'] 
No these are not the same. The one you see in the Hookah-Shisha website is a copy of the original MYA product. There is no comparison with the quality + the acrylic base they are showing on there website is MYA base and when you buy the product it doesn't look the same.  There hookah is very light in weight specially the stem which is the most important part of the hookah.[/quote]
Then why is "MYA" is written in gold letters on my acrylic hookah from hookah-shisha ? Btw i don't agree with you this hookah is pretty heavy due to the weight of the stem cause it's pure stainless steel. Makes a very reliable and stable hookah (noone ever came close from tilting her since months). You can find a lot of egyptian hookahs with stems that are so light you'd think you could bind them with your mind, so cheap...

Mya hookahs are made in china. They are not authentic and generally of lesser quality.  Any hookah that says its 'acrylic' is a cheap hookah because glass is glass and acylic is plastic.

Acryllic is a cheap hookah because acryl is plastic and glas is glas? Thats a little odd way of making conclusions.
Using acryl as material is a choice if you prefere that for some applications - its not a definat choice for cheap, poor quality etc.
Prefere what you like - but I dont think that one can be concluded to be inferior on that basis of that - I fail to see the logic.
And one thing - glas is a very cheap material - acryl is not that cheap at all.
Another thing - MYA has hookahs/hookahparts made in both china and "authentic" middleeast locations; moreover they offer bases in acryl, classic glas and crystalglas (of high and very fine quality and taste I should think)

[quote name='adrock5150']Mya hookahs are made in china. They are not authentic and generally of lesser quality.  Any hookah that says its 'acrylic' is a cheap hookah because glass is glass and acylic is plastic.[/quote]
Sorry sir, you may be admin, but your comment is dumb.
If Sean and I could show your our Mya hookah, you would be speechless. They are truly the best one can buy. It's just a matter of taste on a esthetical point, and whether one prefer a glass base (and btw, you can have a glass bass with the mya stem if you want at hookah-shisha, but you will have a grommet then not a screwable stem)

I feel the mod hookahs have the best design,you cant go wrong with a screw in into the base.It's pretty much dummy proof,screw the stem into base,and it's air tight,at least from that end.Anytime you can chit can a grommet I feel is a good thing.You want a glass,crystal or amber base,look into the bohemian,or a revolving hookah.The Torrent I ordered from hookah-shisha is made in China,at least the base is,the stem is mighty hefty and stainless.I have had no problems at all with this acrylic,I cant say the same for hookah-shisha.My hookah came with a package that was incompleate.I was missing the cleaning brushes no biggy as Mathazar had sold me his Syrian multihose,compleate with a warehouse of goods.Many thanks again Math :)But when I emailed hookah-shisha I was told that a steel rod had been sent<still lookin for it>that was supposed to be used for cleaning.Not only that they recommended just running the stem under water.Well I've done that,let me tell ya,that gets the bits of tobacco out of yer pipe,gets some of the buildup out too.But to get it all it takes a good brushing,more likely four thru running water.Sorry about the rant but this type of customer service no one needs.I learned all I needed to know from this forum.Hookah-Shisha is on the money for massel,I've ordered Romman from them and it arrived in a matter of a few days as did the hookah no shipping problems.

[quote name='adrock5150']Mya hookahs are made in china. They are not authentic and generally of lesser quality.  Any hookah that says its 'acrylic' is a cheap hookah because glass is glass and acylic is plastic.[/quote]
HAHAHA almost fell out of my chair.  Do you know that next to alluminum glass is the cheapest material on the planet.  Could be that alluminum and silicon are I think the top two most abundant minerals in the earths crust.  But don't quote me.  I know alluminum is number one.  But silicon is really up there. 

[quote name='Fumystery'][quote name='adrock5150']Mya hookahs are made in china. They are not authentic and generally of lesser quality.  Any hookah that says its 'acrylic' is a cheap hookah because glass is glass and acylic is plastic.[/quote]
Sorry sir, you may be admin, but your comment is dumb.
If Sean and I could show your our Mya hookah, you would be speechless. They are truly the best one can buy. It's just a matter of taste on a esthetical point, and whether one prefer a glass base (and btw, you can have a glass bass with the mya stem if you want at hookah-shisha, but you will have a grommet then not a screwable stem)

[/quote]
Thank you Fumystery for your comments on MYA Product

Alight Fumy, More great products for the two of us.  However we
must continue to try to enlighten those still too stuborn to give in to
the acrylic side.  And I think we should buy some MYA stock for
all we are pitching them.  What do you think?

[quote name='adrock5150']Mya hookahs are made in china. They are not authentic
and generally of lesser quality.  Any hookah that says its
'acrylic' is a cheap hookah because glass is glass and acylic is
plastic.[/quote] Thats simply your oppinion. My oppinion is that glass
breaks easily......acrylic doesnt. WHy spend money on something that
can break the next day when I can spend money on something I know will
last a long time....acrylic is a good investment....but its also a
prefferences not everyone has. I enjoy my acrylic :D

my next hookah will be either acrylic or crystal, glass is just too
damn thin and fragile, my small crystal hookah feels solid as a rock, i
just dont use it cuz the brass has tarnished a bit and it doesnt have a
release valve

[quote name='Sean']HAHAHA almost fell out of my chair.  Do you know that next to
alluminum glass is the cheapest material on the planet.  Could be
that alluminum and silicon are I think the top two most abundant
minerals in the earths crust.  But don't quote me.  I know
alluminum is number one.  But silicon is really up there. [/quote]

aluminum is not a cheap material. its abundant in the crust, so is
titanium. both are relatively expensive as metals, due to the processes
required to purify and alloy them for use. but yes, silicon is quite
abundant, and rather easy to purify and work into glass products.

also, from what ive gathered across the internet, and from what i can
see in pictures (based on my understanding as a machinist), Mya hookahs
appear to be extremely well made. easily the best hookah hardware ive
seen so far. Lots of machined parts, i dont see any welding at all,
pieces thread together concentrically. I've got a Mya hookah with a
Nizbor base on the way, I'll definitely have lots of info and pics up
right away. I'm also going to make a custom weather cover for it, not
only a wind cover, but a RAIN cover, so it can be smoked entirely
outdoors without problems. take the thing out in the snow sometime and
puff up