Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Hassouni

Café Blanc

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size=2]There's at least one other Café Blanc, in ABC Mall in Ashrafiye, but I haven't been there. This is for the one in Hamra, in the Crowne Plaza hotel center right on Hamra Street. [/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size=2]Atmosphere: 5/5. Wow. Awesome. This is really more of a restaurant than anything else, though as I've said any good Lebanese restaurant will have argileh. If I had to describe the decor, I'd say "ultramodern orientalist." Look for yourself:[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size=2][img]http://www.gardlen.com/system/images/3058/reg/2.jpg?1280739575[/img]
[/size][/font]
[color=#5D5D5D][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2]
Argileh: 5/5. Superb, and different. They use modern industrial design pipes not seen at other venues. I did however, see them being sold for $80 a pop at an argileh shop when normal Leb pipes go for $20... Here's what they look like:[/size][/font][/color][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c313/click267/IMG00146-20100813-1235.jpg[/img]
(photo courtesy, I think, of HookahJohn. Found on Google)[/size][/font][/color][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2]Despite looking gimmicky, they're really sturdy and they smoke very very well. If I wanted to blow American-market prices on a hookah (I did that on an Elmas and it killed me), I'd probably get one of these. [/size][/font][/color][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2]Service: 4/5. Fine. Not stellar, but it was the end of the night and they clearly wanted to close. Should prob make it an N/A since we were so late.
[/size][/font][/color][font="Tahoma"][size=2]
[/size][/font][color=#1C2837][font="Tahoma"][size=2]Food: 5/5. Very nice. This is a unique venue, and their approach to food is sort of reinvented traditional Lebanese with modern flair. Admittedly I only had a hummus with awarma (a sort of lamb confit), but it and the hot fresh bread were delicious and beautifully presented. Drinks presentation is nice too.

Price: 4/5. I don't remember how much it was, but I think the hummus, argileh, and drink I had (I can't even remember if it was beer or Arak) were over $20. This is a lot for Lebanon, but compared to Western prices, is a great deal.

Overall recommendation: Really cool looking place with a HUGE focus on presentation, from the decor to the food to the nargile. In all honesty I'd come here more for the food than just to smoke - that's clearly its focus, but I would definitely order an argileh to go along with my dinner![/size][/font][/color][/color]

wow can someone tell me where can i find this hookah? i want it for my lounge in Pakistan thanks!!!!

Sign in to follow this