Pharaoh's Quicklight Coals

Pharoahs Elite Golden Quick Lighting Charcoals available at South Smoke (and on sale until 7/29).

Lighting: Takes under 30 seconds of flame from a Bic lighter to get them going.

Smell: They have no smell at all until lit, then they give off the usual gunpowder smell only during initial start up. After they stop the fizzing, they stop smoking and have no noticeable smell.

Taste: I only wait until they ash over and they impart no taste whatsoever to the shisha.

Ash: I pick them up and drop them in the ashtray gently ever 10 minutes to get rid of ash. I doubt this is needed but I do it anyhow. Very little ash comes off the coals when taking the off or putting them back on the bowl.

Time : I use 2 and they are still going strong at 45 minutes which is all I get out of my egyptian clay bowl.

Overall 10/10 These are great coals and I'm suprised others haven't tried them or reviewed them. Even when they aren't on sale they are still very reasonable and of great quality. I will try other quick lights down the road just to see but these are great.

• 4 weeks later...
Pharaoh's Elite Golden Coal

Lighting: Lit them on a little camping stove, took only a couple seconds of flame. W/ my zippo, took only 15 seconds.

Smell: No smell out of foil but typical QL smell while igniting. No smell when done burning

Taste: No added taste whatsoever! Best QL experience.

Ash: Ash them every 10 min, but not even needed. Very little but hard ash. Joy to use, little maintenence needed.

Time : Used two and they lasted about an hour, very little loss of heat until they were the size of dimes.

Overall 10/10 Seriously the best QL experience ever. Only SouthSmoke sells them from what I know but Dunkel! and I traded. Thanks man! I'd highly recommend these to anyone that loves QLs and doesnt trust the Chinese quality or whatnot(These are made in Europe) These are my definite goto coals now when no Japs are availible.

• 9 months later...
Pharohs Elite 33mm Quicklites

Duration: 30-50 mins (these seem to vary a bit)

Ease of Lighting: Easy to Extremely Difficult. This seems to vary as well. I've gone through several rolls of these now. The first roll was similar to the Golden Coals in that they would light after several seconds of lighter flame. The second and third roll took a little more flame to get going. The current roll I am using won't light at all; the gunpowder sparks a little, but not enough to get the coal going. I have to put the bastards on the stove for 5 minutes to get them glowing and ready.

Smell: Typical gunpowder smell at first, no noticeable smell after the initial burning.

Taste: None that I could detect. Just make sure the coal is going before you place it on the bowl; sometimes some of the gunpowder remains unlit until the whole coal is glowing. If you aren't familiar with gunpowder taste, I can assure you its not good. blink.gif

Ash: Fairly heavy ash, and a fair amount of it. More than the Golden Coals and 3 Kings.

Heat: The first roll seemed to produce hotter temps than the other rolls. Right now I use two of these per bowl, and it can still can a bit to get it going.

Overall: I would give these a 6/10. These are a SouthSmoke.com exclusive, and cost $.99 per roll of 10. I bought them because they were quite a bit cheaper than the others (at the time, I figured a coal was a coal). There seems to be some inconsistantcy with these; the first roll was very similar to the Golden Coals, but the others have seemed to be sub par. Maybe I got a bad batch? The first three rolls I used produced positive results, but this last roll has just pissed me off. wallbash.gif Edited by vaypourus