Hookah Time Cafe

rhineholt

I've been here a few times because it's the closest hookah bar to me at college.

Lets start with the first impression. I walked in and it smelled like burnt shisha... Not a good impression even though I guess I was the only one to notice the smell...
The waitress told us we could sit at a table for 8 dollars a person or at the couches for 10 dollars a person. Of course we chose table.

She gave us the menus: SB was the premium... for 19 dollars a hookah! You could get 1 hose all the way to 4 hoses for a ridiculous amount. The "normal" shisha was 17. We got SB Blue Mist.

She came out with a Mini Mya hookah and an Egyptian bowl packed very lightly..
Coals - QL Not sure what kind..

I noticed a "film" in the base of the hookah which most likely means that the waters been in there for a long time.

This place is not a place you should go to. The hookah's weren't any good, the price was outrageous, and the upkeep is horrible...

1 out of 5 stars

• 5 months later...
The "regular" shisha was layalina..and the orange/mint we had wasn't "bad"..but it barely lasted 20 minutes..and we had to PAY for a refill...ugh. And as mentioned above it smelled like burnt crap :) This place gets a 0/5 from me.

• 2 years later...
ok lets start off with this. The girl that was serving us had pretty much no idea how anything worked, yes she could pack a good bowl (prolly cuz the owner showed her) but at the end when i went to go pay, i asked if any of the hookahs on the ledges were for sale, not only did she call them NHT devices (not once but twice) but she had no idea and said that they were for "Show" there were alot of hookahs then for show.

Secondly it wasnt to horrible didnt smell like burnt Shisha and service was "Meh" (aside from above), yes the "premium" is SB but it wasnt to horrid. We smoked Strawberry Daquire to start and it was pretty good. The second bowl, not so much. It was their normal type and got harsh really quick and i had to be on top of it to make it even close to smooth. Finally it looked expensive as hell. (11 per person to sit, 20 for a one hose hookah and 15 for a refill), but when i went to pay i only payed 24, when i was expecting something like 58 or something. I have no idea if she messed up or if the menu was just wrong, either way it wasnt too bad. Only other problem was that they use QL. but i am pretty sure they are three kings 44's so it could be worse. All in all i enjoyed myself and so did my friend and we will deff go back. 8/10 only because of the dumb worker.

p.s. idk why so many people hate this place, it was nice and had a very chill atmosphere, just wish we could have sat at the low table with the pillows as seats but apparently thats only for big groups, oh well just gunna have to bring more ppl :P