My Hose Keeps Falling Out

I'm kinda confused here, you are posting a thread asking how to keep the hose from falling out when you are fully aware that you are missing an important part of the hookah that is used to... keep the hose from falling out?

QUOTE (Glottis2 @ Jul 2 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm kinda confused here, you are posting a thread asking how to keep the hose from falling out when you are fully aware that you are missing an important part of the hookah that is used to... keep the hose from falling out?

i mean it isn't THAT important. i would say that the hose grommet isn't even vital...at all. just get a strip of a paper towel that's about 3" by 4" and fold it over on itself so that it forms a strip that's like 1" x 4" and then run it under the sink. wring out the excess moisture so that it's just damp. wrap it around the tip of the hose and insert into hose port. if the towel is too thick, just trim it down so that it will fit.

i do that instead of using grommets on my kms. it works better than grommets imo.

QUOTE (antouwan @ Jul 2 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Glottis2 @ Jul 2 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i mean it isn't THAT important. i would say that the hose grommet isn't even vital...at all. just get a strip of a paper towel that's about 3" by 4" and fold it over on itself so that it forms a strip that's like 1" x 4" and then run it under the sink. wring out the excess moisture so that it's just damp. wrap it around the tip of the hose and insert into hose port. if the towel is too thick, just trim it down so that it will fit.

i do that instead of using grommets on my kms. it works better than grommets imo.

ditto plus I can't find decent Grommets for KM Hose ports.

• 5 weeks later...
i bought some plumping tubing from homedepot (its much wider then the hoses made for hookah and it works alot better) and it always came out of the hole but i just ducktaped that bitch up..and its still air tight and pulling like a charm