Al Baraka Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Al Baraka. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Al Baraka (flavour)

I got some of this at the airport coming back from Marrakech, Morocco. It was duty free and without all the import taxes that bump prices up in the UK so I got 500g (10 x different 50g flavours) for around £5. (Also got a couple of Nakhla 250g tubs for £2.50!!)
I'd never heard of it but it seemed to be sold everywhere so I risked it.

Got it home, and so far have only tried the double apple (but I also got peach, coconut, passion friuit, rose, vanilla, cherry, orange, mint, melon) so I'll review that. I'll add some more once i've tried them... I'm pretty excited about the passion fruit biggrin.gif

Al Baraka Double Apple.

Set up: 22" unbranded hookah, Mya hose, 2 Swift-Lites. Packed about a 20g bowl.

Appearence: Quite coarse cut, no stems whatsoever, very dark, dripping with juice. 7.5/10

Taste: Amazing. Even before there was smoke - literally as soon as the coals were put on the bowl - the aniseed notes were coming through as I pulled. Within about 10 seconds, the taste was better than most Double Apple I've ever tried. Quite strong aniseed but never overpowering, my mouth was literally watering. Lasted for the whole duration of the smoke. 9/10

Smoke: Pretty thick... not as thick as I get from Al Fakher, but still big plumes. Furthermore, they had reached their full size within about a minute - bearing in mind with my basic pipe, it usually takes about 5 minutes for it to really get going. 8.5/10

Duration: It was still going by the time my 2 coals started to die down, and I couldn't be bothered to throw any more on so it's hard to say exactly how long it would've lasted, but when I took off the foil, it was still reasonably moist in there. 9.5/10

Buzz: Not too mongy, but definitely there. Leaves you quite spaced for a bit which I like. 9.5/10

Overall: obviously great value for money because of the deal I got, but still great taste and lasts for ages. I'd recommend to anyone if you can track it down, here's a link to the website: http://www.barakatobacco.com/

• 10 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Baraka [color="#ff0000"]Red Grape[/color][/b][/size]
[b]
Hookah: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Super Fine shreds, dry, bright red
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.0%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Grapish
[b]Taste: [/b]Slight Grape
[b]Smoke: [/b]Good Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration:[/b] 1.5 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] ebay.com
[b]
Overall: [/b]6/10 This starts out with a bit of grape taste throughout, but the "dried plant" as the box, says has a distinct taste that was prevalent throughout the smoke. Not the worst herbal but not the best either.

• 11 months later...
[size="5"]Al Baraka Vanilla [/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Salaam Mini hookah
[b]
Bowl:[/b] No name, think it's a Mya though
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Pre-Cut "Hookah World"?
[b]Hose: [/b]Stock
[b]Coals:[/b] 2 3 Kings
[b]Base Liquid: [/b]Ice Water
[b]Appearance:[/b] Super Fine shreds, dry, bright red
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.0%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Strong Vanilla
[b]Taste: [/b]The Taste is a pure a Vanilla taste as you can get!
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds when 2 coals are kept on and rotated around the bowl.
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Hour
[b]Purchased From:[/b] Tobacconist

[color="#ff0000"]Overall impressions of this were great :ylsuper: This was the first shisha of any kind that I ever smoked, and since then I have tried Afzal and some Amaren Blue Mix. I keep coming back to this and will purchase it again. My next door neighbor joined me and she smokes lots of Afzal and Al Fakher and she thought this was the BEST Vanilla she's ever had, so that's saying alot.[/color]

[b][u]Al Baraka [color="#ff0000"]Double[/color] [color="#006400"]Apple.[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Set up[/b]: Salaam 12" mini Hookah

[b]Appearance[/b]: Quite coarse cut, but no stems [b]8/10[/b]

[b]Taste[/b]: I have to admit I mixed this with a tiny bit of Al Baraka mint, but still could taste the Double Apple, very sweet and the Anise is not overpowering. I'm not a DA smoker per se, but this was really nice! [b]8/10[/b]

[b]Smoke[/b]:Fairly thick with 2 coals on. [b]8.5/10[/b]

[b]Duration[/b]: Easily lasted me 1 hr 45 mins with proper heat management. [b]10/10[/b]

[b]Buzz[/b]: None, don't know what the other guy who reviewed this put in there, but this DOES NOT buzz.

[b]Overall[/b]: Like all Al Baraka's, it's very consistent, not too wet or dry, and smokes like a charm. Not a huge DA fan, but if you really like DA, this won't disappoint. [b]8.8/10[/b]

• 1 month later...
[b]Al Baraka [color="#ff8c00"]Citrus[/color][/b]

[b]Set up[/b]: Sapphire 14" hookah, Mya bowl and possibly Mya hose.

[b]Appearance[/b]: Quite coarse cut, but no stems [b]8/10[/b]

[b]Taste[/b]: I found this tasted more like a Mandarin orange, nice and tart but not overpowering. It was extremely smooth and consistent [b]10/10[/b]

[b]Smoke[/b]:Fairly thick with windscreen on for short bursts. [b]9/10[/b]

[b]Duration[/b]: Easily lasted me almost 1:45 with proper heat management of 2 3 Kings coals [b]10/10[/b]

[b]Buzz[/b]: None.

[b]Overall[/b]: One of the best Al Baraka flavors I have smoked so far. May mix it with Vanilla, but alone it's still a nice flavor, if slightly artificial. I will smoke this whole packet!! Edited by Jesse