Does Anyone Get Sick From Shisha?

i dont think ive ever gotten sick, buzzed off my ass yes, but never sick, maybe something fell in your shisha? i would check everything you own, maybe theres rust or something. just a start

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should explain what I mean by sick... I normally feel light headed when I smoke too much, and then I slow down and drink more water and eat until the feeling subsides. However, this time I started feeling, for lack of a better way to describe it, warm and light headed. Did not really feel like throwing up, just felt a bit sick.... Its hard to explain, but I hope this gave some clarification for you guys to help me with this issue. Thank you. morning1.gif

QUOTE (a_shimoon @ Mar 3 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Smoke on a full (non-empty at least) stomach.

2) Drink a glass of water before, during, and after smoking.

3) If you can, eat while smoking.

4) Avoid caffeine.

5) Let the coals fully burn and get red before smoking.

6) Use less water in the base, this makes it easier to pull.'

7) I find that my body reacts better to cold smoke, so add ice to the base and cool the stem.

Try that, lemme know.

Great points, except #4. Hot tea with mint leafs are the best thing to drink when smoking hookah.

One of the first times I smoked hookah it was AF Mint. I found out I was sensitive to nicotine the hard way. I was puking, sweating, clammy and had to lay down for about three hours. Now I smoke hookah about 5 days a week and am used to the nicotine but damn everytime I smoke AF Mint now I think about that day. haha

Are you smoking indoors or outdoors? And do you have a window open or something if you smoke indoors?

I used to get to where I felt sick after smoking for a few hours at the hookah lounge. But I think most of that was b/c it was indoors, gets really smokey inside and it was only two of us on those occasions, so I'd be smoking more often than if I was with a few other people.

QUOTE (Matt-641 @ Jun 3 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you smoking indoors or outdoors? And do you have a window open or something if you smoke indoors?

I used to get to where I felt sick after smoking for a few hours at the hookah lounge. But I think most of that was b/c it was indoors, gets really smokey inside and it was only two of us on those occasions, so I'd be smoking more often than if I was with a few other people.

Smoking inside, but it was not long when I started to feel sick. I would say probably 10 or 15 minutes in, if that...

I smoked once a shitty hookah with shitty shisha and shitty coals in a restaurant here before they banned smoking in public places here, I puked everything I ate before I got to the car.

Quick lights make me gag. If I smoke on an empty stomach or if I smoke for too long (1.5-2 hours) or 3 times or more in one day I usually start not feeling that great and know to stop before I get sick.