Chicago Lounges

I looked through the reviews and only found a review about one lounge in Chicago, Guess Hookah, and they no longer have a lounge and are solely retail. Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good lounge there, planning on taking my GF up there for our 5 year anniversary, would like it to be really nice.

Wow guess isnt there ne more? well i went there once and loved it and enjoyed it. but i do not know ne other lounges in CHI, Guess was the place to go. i already miss it and i havent been there since last january. i hope this is a fluke and maybe they are closed for the thanksgiving holiday.

Last time I checked, I heard of a great lounge on Michigan Avenue. Cross 'Michigan Avenue' with 'hookah lounge' in a Google search and you should find it.

Well, i guess im the only Hookah Smoker in Chicago.......and like someone already posted DEFF check Samah. It is deff the best run place in chicago, it even has Tangiers!!! woot! And the best part is they have private rooms! Now the only down side is they like to have large groups so your gonna pay top dollar to get a private room for just the two of you($80 min ($10/pp). And if that doesn't fit your taste there is another bar just south of this bar. Its called Hookah House, they have a more casual style with low booths in an open room. So whatever your needs might be either of those two places should work best!

Directions:

Samah- If you take the train(i would advise) take the red/brown line and get off at Belmont, go east on belmont to clark(you'll see a dunkin donuts) make a left(north) and continue down about a block and a half its on your left hand side.

House of Hookah- Same stop just instead of going left on clark, just keep going east on Belmont a few blocks(maybe like 3 1/2) and its on your right hand side(Its just b4 walgreens). Edited by Holdensnow

Well, i guess im the only Hookah Smoker in Chicago.......and like someone already posted DEFF check Samah. It is deff the best run place in chicago, it even has Tangiers!!! woot! And the best part is they have private rooms! Now the only down side is they like to have large groups so your gonna pay top dollar to get a private room for just the two of you($80 min ($10/pp). And if that doesn't fit your taste there is another bar just south of this bar. Its called Hookah House, they have a more casual style with low booths in an open room. So whatever your needs might be either of those two places should work best!

Thanks i'll definatly keep these places in mind.

Thanks for posting a question about our home town. The 2 most popular locations are Samah and Sigara. There is also a few Dhuwan locations one in Lincoln Park on Clark and one closer to Loyola Univ. Guess Hookah is no longer a lounge, they are strictly retail.

If you want something fancier with food and belly dancing try Souk, it was pretty good when we went there about a year ago.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike
Hookah Life

Also, forgot to mention there is Juliana which is a bit outside the city but its really nice for large groups. They are banquet hall style so there is a minimum, but they have live music and pretty good food.

-Mike
Hookah Life

Samah is great. Definitely my go-to lounge if I'm having a night uptown with friends. Make a reservation first, you can get a private room easily if you call even a couple hours in advance. House of Hookah really turned me off; there's always a huge wait, and the atmosphere sucks--you're elbow-to-elbow with your neighbors. If you're a SouthSider Noon Hookah is a really, really great lounge: very reasonable prices ($10 alone, $15 per hookah after that, no new coal charge) and they're even starting to carry starbuss. I've tried one or two more that weren't very memorable (one really terrible one in Devon, I forget the name). Samah and House of Hookah are the two that get named the most often.

I think there's actually a website with reviews.. something like hookahchicago.com? Maybe it's the other way around. I remember having used that site to check for lounges when I first moved here.

There are many great lounges not many people know about....If your into a more classy/casual atmostphere, I would say Hubble and Nice Nights are the best places. At Samah's your experience gets ruined by the people who keep reminding you every 5-10 min exactly how much time you have left. Lux Chateau is also another well run place with quality hookah and tobacco. House of Hookah is a nice place but you have to call in and make reservations on the weekends. Their latte's and variety of teas are excellent as well as their hookahs.

I've been to most of the places you guys have talked about and even met some of the owners. My favorite is Nar on Randolph, not too far from UIC. They focus on service, quality, and hygiene. And the owner genuinely cares about everything from how he presents himself to the atmosphere his customers are in to enjoy their experience.