• Judaism
    • Christianity
    • Islam
    • None of the above

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 9 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 9 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've come to determine - religion can be very good

Talking about religion can be mindnumbing and nervracking

Agreed. It also apparently encourages people to use big word that require a dictionary... How curious

JD

Well when you sound smarter your more righter JD smile.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 9 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Sep 9 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 9 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've come to determine - religion can be very good

Talking about religion can be mindnumbing and nervracking

Agreed. It also apparently encourages people to use big word that require a dictionary... How curious

JD

Well when you sound smarter your more righter JD smile.gif

I apologize for contributing to what I see now as an unneeded discussion, especially one that doesn't address the OP's question about discerning which faith, if any, was right for him. In my own way I suppose I was trying to show that while Christianity is eminently reasonable, simply saying that since all religions have some "good things" about them, that choosing one is as good as choosing any doesn't make sense. If we're trying to determine our religious persuasions, and those religions all offer a different means of how to achieve salvation, then choosing which religion matters a great deal. One may be right, or all may be wrong, so deciding which we're to devote ourselves to matters, was my point.

To the OP or anyone going through a religious discernment, I would only suggest that you reflect on where you're being called - religion is a vocation, and an exclusive one.

To share, while I was raised in a Catholic home, I had come to reject my faith, though I never rejected my belief in God. I meandered some years before I returned to Catholicism. I went through what some would call a reversion.

QUOTE (judgeposer @ Sep 10 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To share, while I was raised in a Catholic home, I had come to reject my faith, though I never rejected my belief in God. I meandered some years before I returned to Catholicism. I went through what some would call a reversion.

It really sucks, but i vocated it, i sincerely hope nobody tries to destroy someone else's vocation that would probably be an eternity of something i don't think any of us want to be apart of smile.gif. I never intended too probably why it made everything all the more difficult for me to reach that state, im looking forward to fifty or eighty lol (min/max) good years ahead. Mortal years i might add.
Edited by Brownman18

• 3 weeks later...
I myself am a non denominational Christian. To me Christianity makes the most sence. (nothing offending to Muslims or Jews) I see it like this. The 500 witness in the New Testament of Jesus Christ convinced me more then the one witness Mohammed in the Islam Belief. As for whether or not Christ is really the messiah there are lots of prophecies in the Old Testament on Jesus =]. No offense to any Non Christian. Meant no harm =D

QUOTE (King_Hagop @ Sep 30 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I myself am a non denominational Christian. To me Christianity makes the most sence. (nothing offending to Muslims or Jews) I see it like this. The 500 witness in the New Testament of Jesus Christ convinced me more then the one witness Mohammed in the Islam Belief. As for whether or not Christ is really the messiah there are lots of prophecies in the Old Testament on Jesus =]. No offense to any Non Christian. Meant no harm =D

Today finished the first day of the New Year finishing the month of repentance Elul since Creation 5769 for Jews, and it was
also the 3 day period holiday of the Moslem Eid El Fitr (This year they coincide) finishing Rammadan the month of Moslem repentance. In the Torah today we read Jeramiah Prophet 31
"Because there is a day called the NOTZRIM in the Mount of Efrayim ,Get up and we will rise to Mount Zion to G-D the Infinate". NOTZRIM is the word for Christians ,Natzeret is the word Nazareth in Hebrew. Notzr aslo means to guard, to siege,and offshoot.
Many times during the prayers G-D says that "all Nations (Gentiles-Goyim) will know Me" from that Torah verse. We don't pray for the demise of any people. but that everyone follows his way to knowing G-D. In these prophesies the nations will band with Israel at Jerusalem in peace.