Use A Lighter?

hey i know this sounds stupid but zomeitmes i only wanna take a few hits when im bored and was wondering if i could just pack alittle in the bowl and then put foil over it and use a lighter to heat up the tabacco. or if i can just light the tabacco straight up with putinjg foil over it.

Eh, not a good idea IMO. The shortest smokes I have will be around half an hour... anything less than that is just more bother than it's worth methinks. Try making a foil phunnel for a standard egyptian and pack 10 grams in, works great for a short smoke.

Lighter is burning the shisha, which makes it really harsh...only do this if you like it the good ol' tombac style where they put the coal directly on the shisha.

If you want a quick smoke, they sell 15mm coals in some places, otherwise, break a 33mm into thirds and go from there, you know, like use one piece.

o ok good idea. i have the quick light coals so ill just break that into thirds and use it. how can i cut it easily without having it break everyware. also is that all i do just use a small pice and then jsut pack like 2g in the bowl.

eh, break a 33mm into 1/4's (easier than thirds wink.gif )

also, remember this sport is not like other things, you have to be ready to enjoy it, not just do it now and then.

plus using a lighter will fuel anti-hookah people...

i was just wondering because i am trying to cut down and just had a urge to smoke so only wanted to take a few hits. also if i dont have coals what else can i use to teperoly start up my hookah. like i said before i jsut wanna smoke like a few g's 2-3g

Some people can't handle a long session. I have a friend with asma(spelling)...loves the hookah, but can only do it in moderation...couple puffs here or there. But can't do a whole 30min-2hr session like a lot of people can.

i am stoping cuz i am worried about health now. used to smoke 3 times a day and now just want to cut down. am trying to smoke maybe once a month but was having a urge so thought maybe i chould jsut take a few hits.

in my opinion, i think that the "addiction" to hookah is mental and easily overcome.

you knew the health risks when you started and let yourself get that bad (even though it sounds great to me)

i wouldnt say cut it down that much that abruptly. try for once every couple of days.

one way that helps you quit smoking cigarettes (helped me at least) is to chew on a straw or something when you get any type of urge.

also, when a friend of mine is inside his house he eats sunflower seeds and it keeps him from having alot of cigarettes.

haha ok i guess il start chewing on straws. also i think im gonna go ahead and smoke 2g today just to make my self happy. smile.gif. also i was wondering how many years have u yourself been smoking hookah and do u notice any change in health?

I've got about three in...
The only change in health really is when I smoke all day(17hr sessions)...the next day I feel like shit for about half of the day. I smoke cigarettes and I love my hookah over them...never any health problems for me from short sessions